Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    C in biology, E in maths, E in chemistry, D in extended project. i cant get into uni can i.

ReputationRep:
    you can get into the open university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPL9457)
    you can get into the open university
    u dont even need any ****ing qualifications for that ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoodrat)
    He was trying to help by giving you options...

ReputationRep:
    CEED at a level is ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPL9457)
    CEED at a level is ****
    cheers, arent u just so sensitive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    He was trying to help by giving you options...
    yes but its a **** option, u dont need ANY qualifications to do open university. i at least passed all my subjects

ReputationRep:
    cheers, arent u just so sensitive?
    i was just trying to help, and i do feel sorry for you

ReputationRep:
    you could maybe get onto a foundation but it depends what you want to study really

ReputationRep:
    Just re-sit them and work a little harder next time. Or do something else other than uni. Perhaps stop being so negative too as you're response to some of the people on here trying to help you was a bit OTT. And what is with all the ****? Try to communicate without those, it'll change your life

ReputationRep:
    You could consider a foundation year - a friend of mine got an E in Maths and did a foundation year at UWE, Bristol and then on to her 3 year degree. Worth a look if you really do want to go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    bro i didnt do as well in a levels, maybe slightly worse than you, the best u can do is be hopeful whilst ringing unis for clearing, better to ask than not to, also if you dont get any clearing at the end of it, try and think about retaking the year, which i may have to do, or even take a year to work and stuff, get some money, whilst resitting the exams which u didnt do too well in the summer (since no more jan exams) good luck bro.. im in similar situation to you...

ReputationRep:
    There's no need to be so hostile, the Open University suggestion was clearly meant to be helpful. You said that your grades meant you couldn't go to university, but that poster pointed out a way for you to still get a degree.

What courses were you looking at? Those grades are obviously not good, but if you think you could pull them up with resits next year then you needn't rule out university altogether.

ReputationRep:
    laughing so hard @ 'u dont even need any ****ing qualifications for that ****'

ReputationRep:
    Underwater Basket Weaving at Mickey Mouse Met

ReputationRep:
    C in biology, E in maths, E in chemistry, D in extended project. i cant get into uni can i.
    The first thing to do is relax , you have plenty of options, such as a foundation course over 4yrs but still a degree at the end, other routes like an apprenticeship,you could resit a year/ take a gap year or you could always try the open university (they have no entry requirements ).

I appreciate it's tough for you, but there are plenty of options to consider, and it's not all about uni anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    There's no need to be so hostile, the Open University suggestion was clearly meant to be helpful. You said that your grades meant you couldn't go to university, but that poster pointed out a way for you to still get a degree.

What courses were you looking at? Those grades are obviously not good, but if you think you could pull them up with resits next year then you needn't rule out university altogether.
    (Original post by smile:D)
    The first thing to do is relax , you have plenty of options, such as a foundation course over 4yrs but still a degree at the end, other routes like an apprenticeship,you could resit a year/ take a gap year or you could always try the open university (they have no entry requirements ).

I appreciate it's tough for you, but there are plenty of options to consider, and it's not all about uni anyway
    tbh im not even sure if its worth retaking coz my chem % was 41% and maths was 42% so i was pretty lucky to have passed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rattusratus)
    you could maybe get onto a foundation but it depends what you want to study really
    (Original post by Stacywill)
    Just re-sit them and work a little harder next time. Or do something else other than uni. Perhaps stop being so negative too as you're response to some of the people on here trying to help you was a bit OTT. And what is with all the ****? Try to communicate without those, it'll change your life
    (Original post by Lisadee88)
    You could consider a foundation year - a friend of mine got an E in Maths and did a foundation year at UWE, Bristol and then on to her 3 year degree. Worth a look if you really do want to go to uni.
    i could do foundation course but i havent even done my ucas yet i guess its too late. sigh

ReputationRep:
    I got the same grades at AS.

Now I have ABC, being less than 11 marks from A*AC.

I spent half my Saturdays in a library. Just put in the effort in A2 and you'll get there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poolwizard)
    bro i didnt do as well in a levels, maybe slightly worse than you, the best u can do is be hopeful whilst ringing unis for clearing, better to ask than not to, also if you dont get any clearing at the end of it, try and think about retaking the year, which i may have to do, or even take a year to work and stuff, get some money, whilst resitting the exams which u didnt do too well in the summer (since no more jan exams) good luck bro.. im in similar situation to you...
    yh i might have to and im sorry about ur situation bro

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.