Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

What grades did you get in on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Studying Computer Science and staying at St Peters Court. :smile:

Got ABC despite needing AAB. Absolutely thrilled I am in, haha!

Congrats to the rest of you too, and look forward to seeing some of you there! :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
A*A*A*. My offer was AAA. As I exceeded I get some money :biggrin: Studying Physics.
Reply 42
Original post by lazershus
omg this happened to so many people, my offer was AAA and after exams i was 100% convinced i wasn't getting into notts cos i knew i definitely didn't get three As, so shocked when i checked track and found out i got in, like i suspected i got ABB :')

I think they are building a tram line as well! More noise but hopefully it will be done soon :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by ladynova
definitely you and me here! Will I see you in any of my English lectures? :smile:

I am not sure! I have not looked much into the course to be honest! I certainly hope so would be nice to meet people from other courses!

Original post by lazershus
omg this happened to so many people, my offer was AAA and after exams i was 100% convinced i wasn't getting into notts cos i knew i definitely didn't get three As, so shocked when i checked track and found out i got in, like i suspected i got ABB :')

Same! Which is why I did not get my hopes up at all I didn't even think I would get into my insurance, was a nice shock I can't complain. What are you studying?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AlesanaWill
A*A*A*. My offer was AAA. As I exceeded I get some money :biggrin: Studying Physics.

Now that's how you do it! Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 45
AAB, which was my offer :biggrin: I was convinced I wasn't going to get in!:h:
Reply 46
Original post by FriarLawrenceIII
At least that means you get a good nights sleep! I think I have a railway line going straight past my room. ¬_¬

And I think you guys get a free bus run by Unite, so hopefully it won't be too bad for you!

Ah that's unlucky! I never actually went up to the jubilee campus when I went to visit, my dad started moaning so we left early! So I have no idea what it's like really, looks like it's gonna be a surprise for me :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 48
I have got ABC when my conditional offer states ABB for computer science.My application is still processing as for some reason my results were
missing which is all sorted now.Just waiting for a decision through the weekend as university telephone lines are closed during the weekend.
What do you guys think will i be accepted?Shall i email them for details as i cant contact them through the phone during the weekend?
Reply 49
I needed an AAB for English and History, I got an ABB and was definitely surprised they still accepted me. But relieved. :smile:
Original post by jethacan
Exact same story here, I was mentally preparing myself to go to my insurance since I knew I didn't get AAA (my offer). I got ABB and got in anyway, which course will you be doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

same, i was like definitely either my insurance or clearing! i'm doing chemical engineering, how about you? :biggrin:
I am not sure! I have not looked much into the course to be honest! I certainly hope so would be nice to meet people from other courses!

Same! Which is why I did not get my hopes up at all I didn't even think I would get into my insurance, was a nice shock I can't complain. What are you studying?

i'm studying chemical engineering, what about you? :smile: same with me, i had made a list of clearing spaces really early yesterday too, i was so stressed! (oh and i think the first time you quoted me you meant to quote someone else?)
Looks like I'll be seeing you both in just over a month then as I got into Nottingham too, it may have only been my insurance but I got in with A*AB3 although I'm hoping this changes to A*AA3 after a remark :tongue:

Just out of interest are you letting notts know you're getting a remark? And are you doing priority or standard remark? I'm in pretty much the same position (B was one mark of an A - so annoying!) and I'm not really sure what I have to do about it?
Reply 53
nice well done! What was the A* in?

A* in Maths, A in Further Maths, B in Physics

I wanted an A* in Further too but I felt awful for the FP3 exam and only got a 74 :frown:
Original post by jessiekatieglen
Just out of interest are you letting notts know you're getting a remark? And are you doing priority or standard remark? I'm in pretty much the same position (B was one mark of an A - so annoying!) and I'm not really sure what I have to do about it?

I'm not going to tell them because my offer was already met with my current grades but I felt I deserved at least 1 more mark in one of the 3 exams I sat and the coursework too. Have you gotten in already with your current grades? If you have then I wouldn't bother mentioning the remark because you're already in but if you just missed the offer because of it then I'd recommend you call them up and let them know you're going to do a remark :smile: And I think a standard one will be fine for me as the length of time it takes doesn't really matter for me. I hope this helps you. :smile:
I'm not going to tell them because my offer was already met with my current grades but I felt I deserved at least 1 more mark in one of the 3 exams I sat and the coursework too. Have you gotten in already with your current grades? If you have then I wouldn't bother mentioning the remark because you're already in but if you just missed the offer because of it then I'd recommend you call them up and let them know you're going to do a remark :smile: And I think a standard one will be fine for me as the length of time it takes doesn't really matter for me. I hope this helps you. :smile:

Ahh okay, yeah I'm in with my grades I just feel like if I don't get a remark I'm just gonna be left thinking what if I actually did deserve that one extra UMS and could have got an A. Thanks for your help :smile:
Reply 56
Back when I went to Lancaster Uni I needed ABB and I got BCD, to this day I don't know how I got in, but I left with a 2:1! Think my personal statement was quite strong so may have swung it for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh okay, yeah I'm in with my grades I just feel like if I don't get a remark I'm just gonna be left thinking what if I actually did deserve that one extra UMS and could have got an A. Thanks for your help :smile:

Well congratulations on getting in :biggrin: Which course will you be studying? And yeah I feel the same, especially as I was only at a basic C in Chemistry from AS but resat pretty much the whole A level and got some marks in the A* range but my coursework was marked down to stop me from getting either grade -.- Its rather annoying only being 13 UMS away from the A* grade as that's what my coursework mark would've gotten me :redface: I'm happy I was able to be some assistance to you. :smile:
Well congratulations on getting in :biggrin: Which course will you be studying? And yeah I feel the same, especially as I was only at a basic C in Chemistry from AS but resat pretty much the whole A level and got some marks in the A* range but my coursework was marked down to stop me from getting either grade -.- Its rather annoying only being 13 UMS away from the A* grade as that's what my coursework mark would've gotten me :redface: I'm happy I was able to be some assistance to you. :smile:

Thanks :smile: Maths as well! :smile: Ahh that is annoying! I did pretty much the complete opposite in philosophy (which is the one I got a B in) and got ~90 UMS in both modules last year but then ended up with a C in one of my modules this year which brought my whole grade down. Getting it remarked because I feel like I was marked a bit harshly but we'll see!
Thanks :smile: Maths as well! :smile: Ahh that is annoying! I did pretty much the complete opposite in philosophy (which is the one I got a B in) and got ~90 UMS in both modules last year but then ended up with a C in one of my modules this year which brought my whole grade down. Getting it remarked because I feel like I was marked a bit harshly but we'll see!

Very nice, I shall see you in the lectures then and freshers too :biggrin: And that's quite unfortunate about being so close but congratulations on doing so well in the first year, I didn't have the best results for my first year but I was hoping to go to the top grade for all 3 subjects however that just wasn't the case :redface: Are you doing anything to prepare for the course? Also which halls will you be living in too? sorry about the numerous questions its just nice to meet another Maths applicant :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest