Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have wavy hair which is now past my shoulders (after my haircut :sad:) but is very prone to frizziness and flywaways. I want to gain a good haircare routine, so I can leave my hair open without being paranoid that it's frizzy and a mess

So I've got a list of products that I am thinking of buying
    Tresemme Keratin Shampoo
    Tresemmer Salon Silk Conditioner
    Tresemmer Keratin Mask

Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Finishing Touch Cream
    Herbal Essences Tousle Me Sofly Conditioner

Mythic Oil (to add shine-bought already)

If anyone could give their views on the products mentioned above or suggest any new products, that would be helpful ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    In a similar boat OP, my hair's been prone to frizzing and becoming a bit of a mess for 4 years now (since I grew it out) - The Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner is really good, got better results keeping it manageable with them than other shampoos.

While it's not technically a product, I'd also suggest keeping the hair lightweight - get some of the weight taken out and layers put in every now and them - makes it a lot easier to tame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    In a similar boat OP, my hair's been prone to frizzing and becoming a bit of a mess for 4 years now (since I grew it out) - The Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner is really good, got better results keeping it manageable with them than other shampoos.

While it's not technically a product, I'd also suggest keeping the hair lightweight - get some of the weight taken out and layers put in every now and them - makes it a lot easier to tame.
    I recently got my hair layered and feathered. I love the look of it straightened but am still not feeling comfortable having my hair opened due to the wave's frizzing out (sixth form starts in 2 weeks :cry:)

What do you think of the Herbal Essensse product as a finishing product to put on my hair when it's wet? Or do you think the shampoo/conditioner would take care of the friziness, with no need for any extra products?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    I recently got my hair layered and feathered. I love the look of it straightened but am still not feeling comfortable having my hair opened due to the wave's frizzing out (sixth form starts in 2 weeks :cry:)

What do you think of the Herbal Essensse product as a finishing product to put on my hair when it's wet? Or do you think the shampoo/conditioner would take care of the friziness, with no need for any extra products?
    I've not tried the Herbal Essensse stuff, the shampoo and conditioner have dealt with frizziness for me, so I'd say they'd work fine without extra products.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    I've not tried the Herbal Essensse stuff, the shampoo and conditioner have dealt with frizziness for me, so I'd say they'd work fine without extra products.
    Thanks for the help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.