The Student Room Group

Did I get bad AS Level results????

I got my AS Level results today and they are:

Fine Art - C
Photography - C
Travel and Tourism - C
Geography - D

Are these bad????
Have I ruined chances of going to Uni???

Thank you xx
Reply 1
You did fine and will be able to get into uni with those grades.

Are you happy with those results is a better question?
Well Done!!!
I believe C is teh average grade at A Level
and those results are not bad at all.
And theres people with grades alot worse than that went to uni.
You should be proud!
Good luck for A2 :smile:
Well done you should be proud of those grades! Do you know what you'd like to study at University?
Hi Amyxo,

As others have said, your results are just fine!

To get a better idea of where you might go for university, you might like to think about a few possible courses that you would enjoy studying and then look up a few different universities and their typical offers (it's usually on the 'Entry Profile' part of either the university's website or on the UCAS website).

If you find something that you think you will really enjoy and find out the typical offer, it will help you work out what you need to be aiming for in your A2 year which should make things much clearer.

Best of luck!

Naveed
Reply 5
Original post by teh_killer
You did fine and will be able to get into uni with those grades.

Are you happy with those results is a better question?

Hey, No I'm not really happy with the results as I know I could have done a lot better as I hate college and so didn't really try! Guess I wish I had tried harder now though as other people from my college have amazing results!
Reply 6
Original post by University for the Creative Arts
Well done you should be proud of those grades! Do you know what you'd like to study at University?

Thank you! I have no idea what I want to study at Uni, or even if I want to go to Uni! If I did go to Uni though, possibly something Fashion or Geography related, but really not sure :smile:
Original post by amyxo
Thank you! I have no idea what I want to study at Uni, or even if I want to go to Uni! If I did go to Uni though, possibly something Fashion or Geography related, but really not sure :smile:

Difficult decision time then! Visit lots of Open Days. You can read as much as you like but nothing really gets the 'feel' of a place across like visiting the campus and speaking to students and staff. Additionally if you're thinking about studying fashion you need to check out the facilities and see what you're going to have the opportunity to do while you're there.

Have you thought about looking at UCA? We teach a range of Fashion degrees. Have a look and see if anything catches your eye.

This video gives an idea of what it's like to study Fashion with us:

Hopefully that helps.

All the best
Emma
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest