Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

International hall, want to swap? King's College London Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered international Hall.

If you would like to swap for the above, simply post what you have been allocated, and if it is mutually beneficial, let's swap!

Many thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Why are you interested in swapping?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a room at Hughes Parry Hall. Single. Interested?

ReputationRep:
    It's far from my campus, earth :/

And it turns out I've actually been offered HP aswell, not international.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Looney Tunes)
    It's far from my campus, earth :/

And it turns out I've actually been offered HP aswell, not international.
    I would advise you to think carefully before swapping. I was in international hall for 1st yr & loved it. You're with other uni's, it's incredibly social, you're close to the best student night clubs.
    I was at Guys which is a bit of a trek but so worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PotterLaw;44031548]I would advise you to think carefully before swapping. I was in international hall for 1st yr & loved it. You're with other uni's, it's incredibly social, you're close to the best student night clubs.
    I was at Guys which is a bit of a trek but so worth it [QUOTE]

The idea of IH has actually grown on me considerably, but today I found out I've actually been allocated Hughes Parry. Is that as good?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Looney Tunes;44034246][QUOTE=PotterLaw;44031548]I would advise you to think carefully before swapping. I was in international hall for 1st yr & loved it. You're with other uni's, it's incredibly social, you're close to the best student night clubs.
    I was at Guys which is a bit of a trek but so worth it

The idea of IH has actually grown on me considerably, but today I found out I've actually been allocated Hughes Parry. Is that as good?
    Most definitely. HP is just around the corner. It's on the same road as all the other intercollegiate halls like commonwealth & Connaught.

Self catered isn't that bad either! I was quite happy not having to cook really lol. HP is traditionally the party hall & is very sociable. You'll really like it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PotterLaw;44035195][QUOTE=Looney Tunes;44034246]
    (Original post by PotterLaw)

Most definitely. HP is just around the corner. It's on the same road as all the other intercollegiate halls like commonwealth & Connaught.

Self catered isn't that bad either! I was quite happy not having to cook really lol. HP is traditionally the party hall & is very sociable. You'll really like it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah good. Thank you very much! I'll continue to pick your brain if I may :P

How did you get to guys?

Is there a safe cycle route?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Looney Tunes;44036226][QUOTE=PotterLaw;44035195]

Ah good. Thank you very much! I'll continue to pick your brain if I may :P

How did you get to guys?

Is there a safe cycle route?

Cheers!
    I went on the tube which was painful! Piccadilly line from Russell sq up to kings cross (or walk to kings cross), change on to the northern line & down to London Bridge.
    I got the bus a few times too but I can't for the life of me remember which one. Maybe the 188? Not sure.

Cycling - there should be very good cycle routes now since Boris Johnson. I don't know them for sure! A good way to do it would be to google map (if you don't live in London already) your way from HP to guys!

Let me know if you have any more qs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PotterLaw;44037722][QUOTE=Looney Tunes;44036226]

I went on the tube which was painful! Piccadilly line from Russell sq up to kings cross (or walk to kings cross), change on to the northern line & down to London Bridge.
    I got the bus a few times too but I can't for the life of me remember which one. Maybe the 188? Not sure.

Cycling - there should be very good cycle routes now since Boris Johnson. I don't know them for sure! A good way to do it would be to google map (if you don't live in London already) your way from HP to guys!

Let me know if you have any more qs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So it's too far to walk? That commute sounds painful :/ But I shall keep those routes in mind.

I shall do just that, thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to plot a safe cycle route to Guys. Cycling would save sooo much time! Thanks Potter

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Looney Tunes;44042463][QUOTE=PotterLaw;44037722]

So it's too far to walk? That commute sounds painful :/ But I shall keep those routes in mind.

I shall do just that, thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to plot a safe cycle route to Guys. Cycling would save sooo much time! Thanks Potter
    It's quite far to walk unfortunately. It was a bit of a pain but the area that the halls are in (and the halls themselves) did make up for it.
    Yup cycling would! And there's a secure cycling area (in this rather big metal cage type thing) where you can store a bike at Guys. It's worth it because unfortunately London bridge has a fair few bike thefts. Well actually, probably most places in central do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=PotterLaw;44042611][QUOTE=Looney Tunes;44042463]

It's quite far to walk unfortunately. It was a bit of a pain but the area that the halls are in (and the halls themselves) did make up for it.
    Yup cycling would! And there's a secure cycling area (in this rather big metal cage type thing) where you can store a bike at Guys. It's worth it because unfortunately London bridge has a fair few bike thefts. Well actually, probably most places in central do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well thank you for all the information Potter I'm feeling much more positive now in regards to staying in halls. Thanks again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Looney Tunes;44067271][QUOTE=PotterLaw;44042611]

Well thank you for all the information Potter I'm feeling much more positive now in regards to staying in halls. Thanks again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem if you don't end up swapping I know you'll be happy in HP! Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you still want to leave HP I'd be happy to swap- I'm international and don't think it's for me really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbeyrachel94)
    If you still want to leave HP I'd be happy to swap- I'm international and don't think it's for me really
    They are right next door to each other (well around the corner!) I was in IH - would be happy to answer your questions/fears

Edit: HP and IH are exactly the same apart from the fact they are around the corner from each other! Honestly that's it. Apart from the fact IH has a built in bar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is commonwealth different?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbeyrachel94)
    What makes you think it's not for you? My son will be there so I'm curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthmother65)
    What makes you think it's not for you? My son will be there so I'm curious!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, well now I've spoken to some students who went there for first year I feel a lot happier although I was apprehensive because of there being families and postgrads in there, didn't know whether it would have a good freshers vibe but they're in a different wing. Also I thought it was fairly strict but again after speaking to people it seems that it's all just the same wherever you go. What is your son studying??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Natural Sciences. Glad you were reassured :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    !
    I've moved your thread here

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.