The Student Room Group

Bad AS Level results help

Basically I was aiming to do well enough for medicine or dentistry but did not get the results I wanted.
I got: B.D.D.U In English Lit, Biology, Maths and Chemistry in that order.

I worked really hard for maths especially and only managed to get a D. I feel as if no matter how much hard I work at it even in A2 I will just get bad grades. They way I see it I don't have much options and I really don't want to retake a year of AS as I have seen others do the same and only get marginally better.

I really need clear help on my issue as nobody else seems to provide any useful advice.
Original post by GinIchimaru
Basically I was aiming to do well enough for medicine or dentistry but did not get the results I wanted.
I got: B.D.D.U In English Lit, Biology, Maths and Chemistry in that order.

I worked really hard for maths especially and only managed to get a D. I feel as if no matter how much hard I work at it even in A2 I will just get bad grades. They way I see it I don't have much options and I really don't want to retake a year of AS as I have seen others do the same and only get marginally better.

I really need clear help on my issue as nobody else seems to provide any useful advice.

Are there any specific modules that you performed less well on than you'd hoped? If so, you could consider retaking those during your A2 year; you don't necessarily need to take another year to do so. As it stands, those grades are unlikely to be sufficient to get a place to study Medicine, but it's far from impossible to improve on them. :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Illusionary
Are there any specific modules that you performed less well on than you'd hoped? If so, you could consider retaking those during your A2 year; you don't necessarily need to take another year to do so. As it stands, those grades are unlikely to be sufficient to get a place to study Medicine, but it's far from impossible to improve on them. :wink:

Well i didnt do well in chemistry at all . U for every module.
Maths I put the majority of my time and effort into and got a C for C1. Then resat it to then get a D. Makes me think that resitting would not be beneficial. Then got a U in statistics and a D in C2 which i worked really, really hard for, very dissapointed I got a D.
Biology I got C for the first unit and a D in the 2nd. Which i find suprising since I felt I answered the exam correctly but yet again I still failed at that.
Enlgish literature I did not put much effort into yet still got a B overall. I just wanted to get it over and done with really.

Now I don't know if i should drop the subject I really hate (english) or drop the one I did the outright worst in (chemistry).

Before this medicine was my only interest at university, but now what?
Reply 3
Original post by GinIchimaru
Well i didnt do well in chemistry at all . U for every module.
Maths I put the majority of my time and effort into and got a C for C1. Then resat it to then get a D. Makes me think that resitting would not be beneficial. Then got a U in statistics and a D in C2 which i worked really, really hard for, very dissapointed I got a D.
Biology I got C for the first unit and a D in the 2nd. Which i find suprising since I felt I answered the exam correctly but yet again I still failed at that.
Enlgish literature I did not put much effort into yet still got a B overall. I just wanted to get it over and done with really.

Now I don't know if i should drop the subject I really hate (english) or drop the one I did the outright worst in (chemistry).

Before this medicine was my only interest at university, but now what?

Same position. I felt confident after exams. Expecting at least C. Probably B. But got E in biology and D in chemistry. I was 110% sure i got A in a chemical and biology exam. Turns out I got Cs Wtf. Scary thing is I don't know what I'll change when retaking because I did the best I could. I knew the exam schemes dead well too..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest