Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When you are in a relationship you have to put up with all that 'other stuff' that gets thrown in with it, like complications.

Once you have parted the 'other stuff' has gone but the core attraction will still be there.

And like Apricot Fairy, so perfectly said, sometimes you just want sex

ReputationRep:
    because you still fancy each other. usually one is more emotionally attached than the other, and that's where it can get messy and upsetting...

ReputationRep:
    It saves one the time of having to date someone else for months on end and spend money on some other girl. One is also aware of their ex partner's body, likes and dislikes etc. Plus, if for some reason sex was difficult and took time to become good sex, the ex is already able to 'accomodate' whereas a new partner might struggle.

Sometimes, usually the girls, think it will make the guy fall back in love with them, however:

I want it to be so good
    She falls back in love with me

[Written by a man]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciara)
    I am hoping that's the road I'm going down with my ex, but would you really be pleased for him if he got some great new girlfriend or would you feel a bit upset? I don't know if I can maintain a sexual relationship and not still feel a bit possessive.
    If he got a new girlfriend I would probably feel the same way I did when he had a girlfriend before we got together. We'd liked each other for ages, but it didn't really happen, so he got together with someone else. I then realised I liked him a lot, but that I'd missed my chance, so I just concentrated on being friends with him, and also with her. In fact, I was probably more friendly to her than I was to him. We split up two years ago now, so I don't think it would be too upsetting if he got together with someone else. Although at the moment I'm happy single, but if he got together with someone it might make me want to find someone else as well.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.