Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice on joining Uni Sports team Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Starting my second year of Uni in a few weeks. Was looking to join a team, probably football.

However, I have quite severe scoliosis. It doesn't *seem* to affect my ability to play, although my stamina will never be as perfect as it could but I am pretty sure I would get on one of the teams - not to sound big headed.

The advice I would be hoping to get from people is this - do teams shower together publicly? I keep my condition to myself and my immediate family, not even my closest friends know about my condition. It's just how I handle my condition myself, so please don't come out with anything like "You shouldn't be ashamed etc". I would rather keep it to myself.

So yeah, showering publicly is a big no-no for me. I wouldn't want to join if I had to do that. Sounds petty I know but...

Any advice appreciated...cheers.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Teams tend to shower in the same changing room yes, but if it's something you'd rather keep to yourself that's not usually a problem: you should be allowed to not shower with the rest of the team.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.