Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you actually sleep? watch

• View Poll Results: How much time do you spend sleeping per night (on average)?
    Under 3
    0.69%
    4 - 5
    9.72%
    6 - 7
    37.50%
    8 - 9
    33.33%
    9+
    15.28%
    I dont sleep because its boring
    2.08%
    Im a Polyphasic sleeper
    1.39%

ReputationRep:
    weekdays i probably only get 6/7 hours. weekends more like 9/10 :P

ReputationRep:
    8-9 sometimes more in the holidays

ReputationRep:
    2 if I'm lucky, I only need more if I'm not well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ting-Ting)
    Aaah right...thats rather weird! I'm nto sure what i am then as i'm quite a random sleeper. I coudl either sleep 11hrs a day, and then the next day i'll sleep 2hrs and then sometimes just one hr and on extreme cases i don't sleep at all! just fluctuating sleep patterns!
    You need to stay awake for two or three days (yes, hard i know) and it'll reset your 'internal clock.' You should sleep regularly after that. I watched this thing on TV, its something to do with chaos theory. they did an experiment with flies. Didnt really understand it though

...aaanyway I get 6-7 hours. Sometimes i sleep in on weekends though if ive got a hang over or im just feeling really lazy. Probably 7 hours on average then
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Pff... 6-8 when I have school the next day, 12-16 when I don't.

It's crap.

ReputationRep:
    Anything less than 7 and I feel crap and I get really irritable. I like to get about 10 hours.

ReputationRep:
    When polyphasing properly, it's exactly 3 hours = 6 x 30mins.

ReputationRep:
    If I have school then 6 hours
    If not then 14 hours or so.

ReputationRep:
    when i get into a good pattern, 6 hours does me well, with a longer lazier day once a week (or twice, if im being hedonistic:rolleyes: )

but at uni im desperate- stay up all hours and sleep lengthy chunks of daytime, with amounts of sleep varying from 2 to 10 hrs per day

Yes this does make me less productive :rolleyes:

sleep sucks im much too hyper :marchmell :p: but on average 4-5 in the week and about 6-7 on weekends

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.