Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On the Lancaster Scholarships & Bursaries page it states that students must achieve "A*, A* & A in their A-level examinations (or equivalent academic qualifications)" to be eligible for a £2000 scholarship, or "A*, A, A, or the equivalent academic qualifications" to be elligible for a £1000 scholarship.

Am I reading this correctly, does this mean that as I got A, A, A, B (460 tariff points) this would be considered equivalent to
    A*, A* & A (400 tariff points) or A*, A, A (380 tariff points), meaning that I may be eligible for a scholarship grant?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, not. When they refer to "equivalent academic qualifications", they are referring to BTEC qualifications etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erratic)
    Unfortunately, not. When they refer to "equivalent academic qualifications", they are referring to BTEC qualifications etc.
    Ok thats fine just thought I would check with people on here, worth a try

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone aware of the equivalent for the IB? I have emailed the University but just received a generic email back.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juddylovespizza)
    Is anyone aware of the equivalent for the IB? I have emailed the University but just received a generic email back.
    They will be very busy right now. You won't get paid it until around February so ask in a few weeks when they aren't dealing with clearing but they do have a conversion for IBs - I just don't know what it is. You will get paid it regardless of whether you contact them about it or not if you've met the requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9markiii)
    They will be very busy right now. You won't get paid it until around February so ask in a few weeks when they aren't dealing with clearing but they do have a conversion for IBs - I just don't know what it is. You will get paid it regardless of whether you contact them about it or not if you've met the requirements.
    Whats the conversion for BTEC. Is it A*A*A = D*D*D?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know it's at least 38.. possibly 39 for IB
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tish)
    Whats the conversion for BTEC. Is it A*A*A = D*D*D?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know contact student registry in a few days time. It seems plausible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EviePlumb)
    I know it's at least 38.. possibly 39 for IB
    That's great then because I scored 40 points in-total! Do you think being a student from the Isle of Man (a Crown Dependency) would impact on my eligibility? I'm unsure if they would class me as a UK student.

(Original post by k9markiii)
    Thanks to the other poster too, I'll take your advice not to contact the University again until all the Clearing/Adjustment chaos is over

ReputationRep:
    I got A* A A in my exams so does this mean I'm entitled to the scholarship of £1000 or was I supposed to have applied to it beforehand? And how do you apply for one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfisher)
    I got A* A A in my exams so does this mean I'm entitled to the scholarship of £1000 or was I supposed to have applied to it beforehand? And how do you apply for one?
    You don't apply you get entered for it automatically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tish)
    You don't apply you get entered for it automatically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh okay, thank you! I assume they contact you at some point to confirm it then?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they will contact you if you are eligible. You'll receive scholarship payments around February.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.