Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys who has gotten a place at queen mary for bsc computer science? Worried ill b the only girl! Lol

ReputationRep:
    Mee, I'm trying to change my course to do it with a year in industry at the moment. Don't worry though, I don't think you'll be the only girl haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userage)
    Mee, I'm trying to change my course to do it with a year in industry at the moment. Don't worry though, I don't think you'll be the only girl haha.
    Heheehe hope not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahnazy)
    Me! and i'm a girl
    Hi! Nice meet you!
    Relieved I'm not the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummi1)
    Hi guys who has gotten a place at queen mary for bsc computer science? Worried ill b the only girl! Lol
    Well honestly, its a course with a few girls, but it isn't as bad as in engineering, so you'll be fine

(Original post by userage)
    Don't worry about the change, you can do it when you get there as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Well honestly, its a course with a few girls, but it isn't as bad as in engineering, so you'll be fine

Don't worry about the change, you can do it when you get there as well
    Hi, so did you know how to program before the course? As I've gotten an offer in clearing as im quite interested in CS but don't know how to programme at all. Also how hard is the degree? Have you done any work experience? Do queen mary help you with finding work experience etc.

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummi1)
    Hi, so did you know how to program before the course? As I've gotten an offer in clearing as im quite interested in CS but don't know how to programme at all. Also how hard is the degree? Have you done any work experience? Do queen mary help you with finding work experience etc.

Thankyou
    Nope, the first main programming module is quite easy, so is the 2nd semester website building one, except for object orientated programming which builds on the first easy module, but its really hard which i would say is down to the crappy teaching so you'd need to learn it yourself, as the one you learn in 1st semester is taught by the best lecturer there literally everyone can do it as a result of his teaching style.

Depends on how much work you put in, the main worry is that 2nd semester module and possibly the maths modules if you cant do statistics.
    Work experience pretty much you, unless you do a year in industry, otherwise you'll have to go and ask for support but that support will be mainly mock interviews, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, the first main programming module is quite easy, so is the 2nd semester website building one, except for object orientated programming which builds on the first easy module, but its really hard which i would say is down to the crappy teaching so you'd need to learn it yourself, as the one you learn in 1st semester is taught by the best lecturer there literally everyone can do it as a result of his teaching style.

Depends on how much work you put in, the main worry is that 2nd semester module and possibly the maths modules if you cant do statistics.
    Work experience pretty much you, unless you do a year in industry, otherwise you'll have to go and ask for support but that support will be mainly mock interviews, etc.
    So the teaching is really bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummi1)
    Hey buddy Your not the only girl doing computer science, So am I lol. Have you booked accommodation. I just did it today. I'm in pooley hoouse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajvir)
    Hey buddy Your not the only girl doing computer science, So am I lol. Have you booked accommodation. I just did it today. I'm in pooley hoouse
    Hiya! I live in london so don't need accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummi1)
    So the teaching is really bad?
    Just on that one module, its appalling.....object orientated programming in 2nd semester, literally everyone hates him yet they keep him, he gets the lowest scores in the end of semester votes on teaching, etc. His name is Pascuela or something.......he put me off so much.......where as the main programming module in 1st semester for procedural programming is the complete opposite and amazing. Also some of the module names may have changed.

ReputationRep:
    Just on that one module, its appalling.....object orientated programming in 2nd semester, literally everyone hates him yet they keep him, he gets the lowest scores in the end of semester votes on teaching, etc. His name is Pascuela or something.......he put me off so much.......where as the main programming module in 1st semester for procedural programming is the complete opposite and amazing. Also some of the module names may have changed.
    Oh ok so it's just that one module. Which year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummi1)
    Hiya! I live in london so don't need accommodation.
    Oh okay, well I'll be seeing you in lectures lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rajvir)
    Oh okay, well I'll be seeing you in lectures lol
    Looking forward to seeing everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Also what do you take notes on? Do you use a laptop, pen and paper?
    Sorry to keep bothering you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummi1)
    Hi! Nice meet you!
    Relieved I'm not the only one
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ummi1)
    Oh ok so it's just that one module. Which year are you in?
    Well in my opinion thats the worst, the others are ok, but I don't do all comp sci modules as I do comp eng.
    Going into 3rd year.

ReputationRep:
    I got CCcd grades, including a C in Computing and Maths. What's the chances of me getting in to QMUL via clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'll also be taking Comp Sci at QM this September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kleptomaniac)
    Hello! I'll also be taking Comp Sci at QM this September.
    Hi! Nice to meet you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.