Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have a verbal offer from Nottingham and received this through clearing around 10-11 this morning and have been waiting for a confirmation email. Just a bit worried at the moment until I see the email.

Does anyone know when this will be sent?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    chase it up, what have you got to lose?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm having the same problem, I'm especially worried because the phone lines seemed so dodgy today, they kept cutting off. I have two other friends who are going to nottingham through clearing, and one of them has recieved their confirmation where as my other friend and I haven't. Have you? Arghhhhhhhh i just wanna get my confirmation and then I can finally relax!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamasecret)
    Hey!
    I'm having the same problem, I'm especially worried because the phone lines seemed so dodgy today, they kept cutting off. I have two other friends who are going to nottingham through clearing, and one of them has recieved their confirmation where as my other friend and I haven't. Have you? Arghhhhhhhh i just wanna get my confirmation and then I can finally relax!
    After waiting all night and receiving nothing I phoned up and they said some people did not get them and they would send it out again. Received my email this morning

If you don't mind me asking what course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    (Original post by polecon)
    After waiting all night and receiving nothing I phoned up and they said some people did not get them and they would send it out again. Received my email this morning

Just to check, do you both now have this confirmed in writing/online?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I´m having too many problems. I called to UWE clearing this morning and I was told that the previous email which I send it didn´t reach them, so I send it again and of course I call clearing again and they told me that they can not open my attachment because is "rar", so I send 2 emails with all my attachment one by one and now, I´m trying call in order to confirm if my emails are fine now and what I need to do, and the lines are so busy.
    What do I need to do after sending an email to clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosapp)
    Hi guys,

I´m having too many problems. I called to UWE clearing this morning and I was told that the previous email which I send it didn´t reach them, so I send it again and of course I call clearing again and they told me that they can not open my attachment because is "rar", so I send 2 emails with all my attachment one by one and now, I´m trying call in order to confirm if my emails are fine now and what I need to do, and the lines are so busy.
    What do I need to do after sending an email to clearing?
    This is actually in the University of Nottingham forum.

This is a dedicated Results and Clearing forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

There's also a forum for UWE generally: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=292

But so long as you've sent the emails, and you're following it up with a phone call, it sounds like you're on track and they can tell you about any next steps when you get through on the phone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Just to check, do you both now have this confirmed in writing/online?
    Yes! Received email on Friday and UCAS letter today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    This is actually in the University of Nottingham forum.

This is a dedicated Results and Clearing forum: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

There's also a forum for UWE generally: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=292

But so long as you've sent the emails, and you're following it up with a phone call, it sounds like you're on track and they can tell you about any next steps when you get through on the phone
    Hi,

Thanks for your swift reply. I´m sorry, only after posting that did I realised that it was actually in the university of Nottingham forum. Finally, I got an email from Clearing saying that my application is being dealt with by different faculty and they should contact me soon. So I´m waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polecon)

I'm doing contemporary Chinese studies with international relations, sorry for the late reply, I never use this site aha. Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing contemporary Chinese studies with international relations, sorry for the late reply, I never use this site aha. Yourself?
    I'm doing Accounting and Finance for Contemporary China.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.