This discussion is closed.
chudz
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
[COLOR=yellowgreen]Hi can anyone help me with Task 4, the drawbacks and benerfits. Also on Task 5 the benerfits of booking online and drawbacks of booking online.[/COLOR] :rolleyes:
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chudz)
[COLOR=yellowgreen]Hi can anyone help me with Task 4, the drawbacks and benerfits. Also on Task 5 the benerfits of booking online and drawbacks of booking online.[/COLOR] :rolleyes:
Surely this you don't need help with Task 5 as it seems a bit obvious
chudz
yeh we dont need help but its easyer if someone tel you the answers
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chudz)
yeh we dont need help but its easyer if someone tel you the answers
thats the kind of thing that will make people

a.) not help you
b.) give you neg rep.
chudz
ok well can you help me with Task 4 drawbacks of of customer?? because i am stuff on that
rebarka84
Report 16 years ago
hi,
im having trouble with the EDI drawbacks aswell, has anybody found anything?been searching on the net but dont get much appertaining to what I want.
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chudz)
ok well can you help me with Task 4 drawbacks of of customer?? because i am stuff on that
It would also help you put the question itself down so we know what you are talking about. I did it last year, so i've forgoten whats on it.
rebarka84
Report 16 years ago
Describe the drawbacks of EDI to Bonnington holiday villages and to a supplier.
cheers
chudz
Describe the benerfits of EDI to:
  • Bonnigton Holiday Village
  • A Supplier

Describer the drawbacks of EDI to:
  • Bonnington Holiday Village
  • A supplier

we have to print it all out in like half a hour please help!
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chudz)
Describe the benerfits of EDI to:
  • Bonnigton Holiday Village
  • A Supplier

Describer the drawbacks of EDI to:
  • Bonnington Holiday Village
  • A supplier
EDI stands Electronic Data Interchange right, in other words, saving work to a disk of some kind. So how is that useful.
chudz
i thought EDI was ecommerce?? like a online order system eg shopping trolly??? am i wrong?
Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chudz)
i thought EDI was ecommerce?? like a online order system eg shopping trolly??? am i wrong?
E-Commerce is online shopping, but the only EDI i know of is what i said above. Electronic Data Interchange
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ask Mr J he seems to know alot on his website. His site helped me
chudz
where can i find mr J and do you know the address to his websit?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chudz)
http://www.uk-learning.net/member.php?u=7324
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chudz)
Benefits of booking online

- Reduces transport costs as it is completed over the internet.
- Often the prices are cheaper relative to the price level of city centre stores.
- Unlimited access to various websites and stores; this means you can search for any good that you desire and can search for the type that suits you.
- Ease and near hassle free aspect of online booking.
- Often special discounts and offers are avaliable that could not be found in the high street.
- Often unique items for sale that may be from other unknown stores or overseas can be purchased from the internet. You have wider access to stores from a variety of places and countries; the ease of electronic communication means that you can forward any queries to those who manage the sale or manufacture of the good(s) you propose to buy.

Drawbacks of booking online:

- There is an element of insecurity when booking online; transferring credit card details over the internet is not 100% secure, although it is near to this for many online stores.
- You do not have the advantage of briefly testing the product you are wanting to purchase, or observing it/testing it in real life. This means you are less sure about whether the product you propose to purchase online is suitable for your requirements.
- You need to give address and telephone number details.
- Often the delivery times can be a big drawback as you cannot get hold of the item in fast time in many cases. A fee amy also be imposed.

Hope this helps.
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Bump: For the person who may find this useful.
loppy_lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by chudz)
www.computech.me.uk

Just click on the first drop down list and chose the unit u wanna find info about
MrJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
God my website and me are famous - i hate unit 2 think i'll have to mark for the exam board next year to help me teach it better any way whats all this rubish about the benefit of of customer for task 4????

Anyway serious questions i'll try and answer - dont whatever you do just write down lines and lines about what EDI is this will get you few if any marks. You need to tailor you answers so that they refer to the company talking about. EG edi will help XXXX by sending picking lists electronically between the sales team and the warehouse the benefits of this are XXXXXXX
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Unit 2 is a waste of space in my opinion. It dosn't seem to have any real need, surely a mandetry programming module would be more important? I did Java programming on my AVCE but it was an option.

There is nothing vocational at all about unit 2. I can see the point of systems anaysis as that is quite useful at unviersity etc. Its no wonder the AVCE's are starting to get a bad reputation.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.14%
No (575)
65.86%

Watched Threads