The Student Room Group

What diary do you use?

Just got confirmation of my place at university, now need to start getting ready!! I've never found a diary I really liked, anyone got any suggestions of their favourite academic diaries?
Reply 1
only the finest moleskin 4 me
Original post by Herostargirl
Just got confirmation of my place at university, now need to start getting ready!! I've never found a diary I really liked, anyone got any suggestions of their favourite academic diaries?

:facepalm:

You are starting a wholly new and different chapter of your life, abound with challenges and experiences galore and you want to know about... An academic diary?

Seriously, you're doing it wrong.
The calendar app on my Android!
Paperchase has some lovely organisers in stock. I recommend you have a look at theirs (especially if you love cool or cute designs).
Check out the "Stationary & organisation" thread and the filofax ones - lots of pics of planners/diaries on both of those!
I have my phone which includes work and personal appointments/notes.

Microsoft Outlook which is work only.

My personal diary, which is from the Do-Do collection.

My 2 page per day work diary.

Just go for one that looks nice, possibly a page per day.
Reply 7
Page per day, times already printed down the side and in bright red so I can find it easily :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Friar Chris

You are starting a wholly new and different chapter of your life, abound with challenges and experiences galore and you want to know about... An academic diary?

Haha why does it bother you? xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a student diary from WHSmith :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I always just brought whatever I thought looked nice.
Urgh, you've reminded me, I haven't written in my diary for months. :sigh:
Original post by YummyDietician
Haha why does it bother you? xD

Because of all the things you might think to do when you get your offer confirmed:

- Find the people you're going to be studying with!
- Find the peope you're going to be living with!
- Start looking for all the cool stuff you're going to need to move into your accommodation with!
- Going out and celebrating with your friends
- Wondering what kinds of societies or teams you could join

I can't imagine why someone's first thought would be I wonder what type of academic planner I should get :lolwut:

I also suspect that OP might not quite realise what she's getting into by going to university, as academic planners are going to be the least of her concerns, and also are very rarely used, because... well, you're not at school any more, and it's all far more free-form learning.

If she needs something to keep track of things, that's very responsible and that's how some people manage their learning best, but she's a big girl now and she can use a bog-standard diary or a calendar... And it should be the last thing on her mind now, merely hours after she's got in!

So yes, it seems... Pretty amazing that this is what her priorities are!
For the majority of my school years i used a scrap piece of paper in my pocket. I intend to do the same for university.
Because of all the things you might think to do when you get your offer confirmed:

- Find the people you're going to be studying with!
- Find the peope you're going to be living with!
- Start looking for all the cool stuff you're going to need to move into your accommodation with!
- Going out and celebrating with your friends
- Wondering what kinds of societies or teams you could join

I can't imagine why someone's first thought would be I wonder what type of academic planner I should get :lolwut:

I also suspect that OP might not quite realise what she's getting into by going to university, as academic planners are going to be the least of her concerns, and also are very rarely used, because... well, you're not at school any more, and it's all far more free-form learning.

If she needs something to keep track of things, that's very responsible and that's how some people manage their learning best, but she's a big girl now and she can use a bog-standard diary or a calendar... And it should be the last thing on her mind now, merely hours after she's got in!

So yes, it seems... Pretty amazing that this is what her priorities are!

All of the things that you listed are actually on my priority list >_< haha
But maybe she likes to think deeply into what stationary she uses :biggrin:
You don't need a diary you know you have an essay due in soon when people start complaining about it on Facebook.
Reply 16

I'm 23, about to start my second degree and couldn't disagree more with you. You are implying that you don't need organisation because...?
Reply 17
none. i use my phone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending