Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is anyone else starting in September?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm starting in September at Chester for primary education too. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Finally found someone!

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know! Are you staying in halls?

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not I am travelling only live 40 minutes away! hopefully I will move up though! are you staying in halls?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been able to get any :/ had to put a deposit down on a place today so hopefully I'll be able to stay there for the full three years. Only about 15 minutes away from riverside

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing 5-11years but I haven't got accommodation, has anyone else had this problem? I live an hour away and I don't know if I should commute or get private accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly what happened to me today! Had to go through an estate agents. Get in touch with Mathews in Chester. They really helped me out

ReputationRep:
    http://www.matthewsofchester.com/
    Heres the link to their site. I'd try some other estate agents in Chester too but matthews was recommended to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat6195)
    http://www.matthewsofchester.com/
    Heres the link to their site. I'd try some other estate agents in Chester too but matthews was recommended to me
    Thank you so much! Is there a Facebook group for our course? It would be nice to know people a tiny bit before freshers

ReputationRep:
    It's ok I'm not sure haha add me if you like though. Katharine clieve

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am doing QTS primary education age 3-7 years - what years will you be covering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadeybevs)
    Hey, I am doing QTS primary education age 3-7 years - what years will you be covering?
    Hiya, I'll be doing 5-11

ReputationRep:
    Ok I don't know anyone on my course as yet but I'm excited to start xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilybmh)
    No I'm not I am travelling only live 40 minutes away! hopefully I will move up though! are you staying in halls?
    Are you also studying 3-7 or 5-11 years?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Plus does anyone know if we actually got a parking permit whereabouts can we park? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me a bit about the course (Primary education with QTS) and what A-level did you do also what grades you achieved by the end of your A-levels?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I did A-levels years ago and got BBC then didn't pursue any career path I am 29 now so did a p/t access course then applied via that. I think there is going to be a strong emphasis on your gcse grades next year ie you will need two B grades in English maths and science to be considered hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadeybevs)
    I did A-levels years ago and got BBC then didn't pursue any career path I am 29 now so did a p/t access course then applied via that. I think there is going to be a strong emphasis on your gcse grades next year ie you will need two B grades in English maths and science to be considered hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the info

Can you tell me what course are you applying for and which university. I am thinking of doing primary education with QTS at Bradford college 2014/2015. Is this a respectable place to this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am starting too!! I'm nervous but excited. I'm 25 so was worried about being a bit older.

I had trouble with accommodation but I don't live far away. Nice to hear from a few ppl on the course cant wait to meet everyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.