The Student Room Group

Student Loans and Grants

I've just been accepted to the University of Leeds and will be receiving the minimum amount of student loan and no grant, which will just cover my accommodation so I'm unsure on how I'm going to afford food etc. as I will have little support from my parents. I'm going to start looking for a job in Leeds but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of other loans or grants I could apply for?
Original post by RosieGoulden
I've just been accepted to the University of Leeds and will be receiving the minimum amount of student loan and no grant, which will just cover my accommodation so I'm unsure on how I'm going to afford food etc. as I will have little support from my parents. I'm going to start looking for a job in Leeds but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of other loans or grants I could apply for?

Speak to the university - there may be some academic scholarship you're eligible for.
Hi there,

If you wish to apply based on household income and have not already indicated as such via your initial application, you can complete the following form to include the household income. If you are under 25 and do not meet any of the exception criteria, we would also require your parents to provide their financial details for the correct tax year (13/14 Academic Year requires 11/12 tax year details).

www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/householdincome

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending