Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.port.ac.uk/departments/se...ates/20132014/

This only has dates for breaks at christmas and easter.

My mum went to UEA and I just checked with her that she got 3 weeks off at christmas and easter plus a reading week round about when schools do at the end of october/beginning of november and in about february time.

Do we ?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by nic-nac)
    http://www.port.ac.uk/departments/se...ates/20132014/

This only has dates for breaks at christmas and easter.

My mum went to UEA and I just checked with her that she got 3 weeks off at christmas and easter plus a reading week round about when schools do at the end of october/beginning of november and in about february time.

Do we ?
    I don't go to Portsmouth, but at King's it all depends on the department. What subject are you planning to do? Do they have a list of important dates?

ReputationRep:
    Courses based on reading materials do get 2 throughout the year, e.g. english, geography, sociology. The computing and engineering schools do not, however.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the course. My course doesn't get reading weeks, however, the weeks that coincide with other coures' reading weeks had a highly reduced number of lectures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I don't go to Portsmouth, but at King's it all depends on the department. What subject are you planning to do? Do they have a list of important dates?
    (Original post by Geneticgeek)
    Courses based on reading materials do get 2 throughout the year, e.g. english, geography, sociology. The computing and engineering schools do not, however.
    (Original post by StringerBell9)
    It depends on the course. My course doesn't get reading weeks, however, the weeks that coincide with other coures' reading weeks had a highly reduced number of lectures.
    Fair enough. My mum did history. I'm doing marine environmental science.

I didn't think it would make a difference. Yes history would involve more reading than my course but I've already been given lists of recommended reading to do so there still seems to be quite a lot even for my subject.

ReputationRep:
    You're going to be doing a lot of reading regardless. Also, some courses use these weeks for special events, for example, Pharmacy 1 students do a work experience style swap with Southampton students for the week.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.