The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Freshers: What societies are you planning on joining? if any?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tholostught
It's not a society but just got a flyer for this thing that's going to be on a few weeks after freshers. EscapeTheLabyrinth (that's the website) If you don't have a team you can enter as a single and they set you up with a team. Could be a good way of meeting new people if you're new to the area and there's money for the winners. Wasn't sure where else to share it with everyone!! Seems worth a look.

That sounds pretty awesome. I think I'd need more information before committing £20 to it though.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by ladynova
Badmington seems really popular! and @leeMrlee I think alot of people join as many as they are interested in then filter it down based on what ones are actually good when you turn up to them!

yeah that's a good point. badminton is fun, I've played it casually at my college in the last year and I like the fact the its not so strength reliant like tennis. but I definitely want a martial art or two because they keep you in shape (and also its good to have some form of self defense), I guess I'll have to see :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by LeeMrLee

also, does anyone know if there's an Assassin's Guild? :colone:

There isn't an official Assassin's Guild, because of the regulations on societies, but Hide and Soc and Quidditch collaborate to do Assassin like things a couple of times a term.

Also, I'm on the Quidditch Soc committee, so to whoever was asking, I can confirm that we do play Quidditch, it's a lot of fun, and the seeking is hilarious. (:
Reply 23
Original post by aymzie
There isn't an official Assassin's Guild, because of the regulations on societies, but Hide and Soc and Quidditch collaborate to do Assassin like things a couple of times a term.

ah right I see hahaha I think between maths and sports I would be too busy to do the assassins game anyway xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I have a long list that I plan to check out, but top of my list are Taekwondo and Athletics/Cross Country (and I'm tempted by American Football too, though I'm probably unsuitable) then Hide and Soc (seriously, it sounds amazing), Sci-Fi and Fantasy, Musicality, Role Playing (specifically LARP on Saturdays), the Improv society, the Gaming society and Kettle Soc (a tea and coffee society!!!) then maybe the Cake (CAKE!), Book Club or Harry Potter society. To be honest, I'm tempted by most of them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending