Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for maximum maintenance loan in march/April time and the website said I would receive approx £3500 without my household income then my parents both printed off forms which they filled out and sent in for evidence, the online amounts were updated to approx £6300 due to our financial situation. I received my declaration mid July which I know has the amount that was originally offered without my parents income influence however I then checked online and on my account it had also gone back down to the original £3500. I have since then received another declaration also with £3500. This isn't enough to cover my accommodation for the first year.

Am I still entitled to the £6300 maintenance loan/grant I was offered or has that been completely removed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Can you please confirm that the latest Notification letter you have received indicates an amount of Maintenance Grant you will be paid?

Please be aware that the Maintenance Grant you are awarded reduces the amount of Maintenance Loan by £0.50 for every £1.00 of grant you are awarded to reduce the amount of money you need to pay back when you finish your course - this is the normal process for all students.

If the most recent Notification letter indicates the grant, the total figure showing is the amount you are entitled to based on your parents' household income.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    My most recent notification letter says nothing about a grant but does say its the reassessed amount after checking household income.

I don't understand how I was previously told I would be receiving a combined amount of approximately £6200 and now it's changed back. £3575 isn't enough to cover my room expenses let alone my living essentials such as food!Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1377001962.203554.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  80.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

If the Notification letter confirms that the entitlement above is based on the Household income, then it would suggest that your parents income is above the threshold for the grant.

You may be best calling us on 0845 300 5090 so that our advisors can have a look at the specifics of your account.

Thanks,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.