Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, to anyone who got their A2 results today for French I am curious how did you get on in your oral exam? I was shocked to get a D in my French oral because I got an A in my Spanish and I am no better at Spanish than French. It's a bit strange. I did Aqa incase you're wondering.

ReputationRep:
    I did AS
    and i thought the written was harshly marked

ReputationRep:
    Last year I was shocked at the marking for my French AS. I expected an A but got a low B. This year I got an A though for my written so at least that pulled up my overall grade to a B.

ReputationRep:
    Got a C in my A2 Spanish oral, was a bit shocked if I'm honest wanted at least a B minimum D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatzHunter95)
    Hey, to anyone who got their A2 results today for French I am curious how did you get on in your oral exam? I was shocked to get a D in my French oral because I got an A in my Spanish and I am no better at Spanish than French. It's a bit strange. I did Aqa incase you're wondering.
    You getting a re mark?

i got an A but guess an a* is a bit out of my reach now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rovey)
    You getting a re mark?

i got an A but guess an a* is a bit out of my reach now
    I don't know if I should get a remark because I got a B overall and I still got accepted to my firm choice. I don't know if it's worth the money tbh.

ReputationRep:
    AQA do this to me every year. Last year, at GCSE, they marked my writing at a low B and I had it remarked to an A*.

This year they've given me 63% in my speaking exam and it's actually upset me. I actually speak in French quite a lot and have had plenty of full french conversations with french people with no problems whatsoever - the french assistant said that I would get an A in my speaking with ease. I got 90% in listening, writing and reading - so I must have some french ability! I personally think AQA need to up their standards on their languages markers - there's always problems every year, and it's not evens few marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deziah)
    AQA do this to me every year. Last year, at GCSE, they marked my writing at a low B and I had it remarked to an A*.

This year they've given me 63% in my speaking exam and it's actually upset me. I actually speak in French quite a lot and have had plenty of full french conversations with french people with no problems whatsoever - the french assistant said that I would get an A in my speaking with ease. I got 90% in listening, writing and reading - so I must have some french ability! I personally think AQA need to up their standards on their languages markers - there's always problems every year, and it's not evens few marks.
    I think they mark harshly for near fluent speakers.

i know a pole who got an A* literature and only an A in polish oral lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatzHunter95)

I had exactly the same! overall i got a B in my A2 french but it was my oral which was a C (one mark off a B) which brought my overall mark down but i honestly thought it went a lot better than that. I am very shocked by my mark tbh :s i did AQA too! last year my school said they marked the oral really harshly and when they wanted a remark, alot of the orals went up a couple of marks too.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'm exactly same with AQA... got a C in my French oral (one mark off a B) and B in the written exam, so I got a B in French A2 overall and then I didn't get into my firm uni. Never had any problems with orals before, got As in mocks and an A at AS etc, so was really shocked by it :s But in German I got A* in the speaking and A in the written, but I didn't think there was any difference between the French and German exams really.... strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deziah)

I went to Switzerland last year and stayed with a family for 2 weeks. They didn't have any trouble understanding my French and actually told me I was good!! So how come I got a D in my oral when natives understood me?! AQA need to get their act together! I got an A in my written paper like. Something just isn't right!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.