Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dunno if this is the right place... someone post report if you think it could go somewhere else

Hmm, bit of a dilemma here. I'm getting my eyebrow pierced very soon to celebrate the end of my GCSEs. My new school doesn't allow facial piercings though, so what should I do? Should I go for it and just hide/remove it for the school? Or should I leave it...?
    If I removed it, what are the chances it would heal up for the period of a few hours that it's left out?
    Thanks

Thank you for moving

ReputationRep:
    Babe, have it put in, wear it for the summer and then just hide/remove it for the school. Put it back in at night, should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't do it, safe yourself the hassle, possibility of scarring and just get drunk like everyone else!! There's not much point having it done for a couple of months. If you still fancy one in a couple of years get it done then

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it.

Two years sounds like a long time to wait, but it's better to do it when you won't have to take it out when it's healing well.

You could always have a chat with your teachers about why the rule's in place. A friend did that after she got punished over the strict hair dye rules. She put forward her case, and the rules were relaxed a little.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I'd suppose it's in place to give it a more 'business-like' feel, but I suppose I could talk to them.
    I'm considering getting a clear retainer for it, that's hard to be seen. Has anyone had any experience with these?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I'd suppose it's in place to give it a more 'business-like' feel, but I suppose I could talk to them.
    I'm considering getting a clear retainer for it, that's hard to be seen. Has anyone had any experience with these?

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, maybe have it done over summer so it can heal then wear a clear bar or take it out during school hours? My friend had to do this when she had her labret/lip pierced, no-one minded as much. We were only allowed 1 ear piercing but i got away with about 5 at a time. Soem schols are stricter than others, and at the end of the day if they're really strict it may cost you your education, and i think in that case you're better of waiting till after school.

ReputationRep:
    are you planning on getting it pierced straight away brimstone?? as it could possibly heal enough in time to be able to take it out during the day..though healing time does depend on the person... but i seriously doubt 2/3 months is enough time for it to heal enough to be able to take it out for that long without closing up quite a bit...

your new school sounds quite strict, i thought mine was, but they don't really bother 6th formers i guess, i got my lip pierced, its really quite obvious & they don't say anything about it... though a few people i know just wear clear ones (lip studs) & it is much less obvious... though if it does heal over quickly it may not be worth the pain & hassle of forcing it back in, as you will be doing this every single day, as well as the much greater risks of it getting infected - you DO NOT want to get your eyebrow infected, it can go VERY WRONG & get very mad..that happened to my ex bf & he had to get it surgically removed...

or you could just have a really long fringe...over one eye...or wait a bit more as you won't be wearing it thaaat much anyway......

...sorry to sound discouraging, i do :love: eyebrow piercings very much actually (after lip ones...)

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on getting it done within the next few weeks, so that I'd have about 9 weeks for it to heal.

ReputationRep:
    It's unlikely that you'll be able to leave it out for any length of time after that long. My navel piercing is one and a half years old, yet when it fell out for a few hours at a concert it pretty much closed completely and I had to taper it back open, which hurt more than anything I can remember, haha.

It's possible to get it pierced with a retainer - a quartz one - but not many piercers actually do it. Changing it to a retainer after the 9 weeks would be alright, as long as your school is okay with retainers - they're never completely unnoticeable.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.