Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can somebody look over my dentistry personal statement please? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I need someone to look over my personal statement for 2014 entry. I also need some advice, I got BCDD in my AS results this morning, the break down of the grades are as follows: Maths C1 - A, Maths C2 - A, Statistics - C, Chemistry 1 -B, Chemistry 2 - E, Biology 1 - C, Biology 2 - C, Psychology 1 - E, Psychology 2 - B. My overall grades were, Maths - B, Psychology - C, Chemistry - D and Biology - D. Should I apply for dentistry this year with boosted predicted grades or should I apply for 2015 entry and take a gap year, making sure to get my A's this year instead? making sure to have an amazing personal statement and high ukcat scores and a good interview and the rest of it. My backup is biomedical science.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If you want your personal statement reviewing, then I'd recommend going to TSR's Personal Statement help section just here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...Statement_Help

ReputationRep:
    I'll do it if you want.

And you can't 'make sure' to get a good UKCAT score. That **** is randomly generated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatimabano)
    I need someone to look over my personal statement for 2014 entry. I also need some advice, I got BCDD in my AS results this morning, the break down of the grades are as follows: Maths C1 - A, Maths C2 - A, Statistics - C, Chemistry 1 -B, Chemistry 2 - E, Biology 1 - C, Biology 2 - C, Psychology 1 - E, Psychology 2 - B. My overall grades were, Maths - B, Psychology - C, Chemistry - D and Biology - D. Should I apply for dentistry this year with boosted predicted grades or should I apply for 2015 entry and take a gap year, making sure to get my A's this year instead? making sure to have an amazing personal statement and high ukcat scores and a good interview and the rest of it. My backup is biomedical science.
    PS bit has already been answered - I'd recommend using the PS help!

As to whether or not you should apply this year or take a gap year. You need to be realistic are you going to be predicted 3As? If you're not, it'll be very unlikely that you'll receive an offer.

Can you see why you didn't get the grades you were hoping for? Do you know how you can improve? I think that's the most important thing to think about over the next few days! How can you improve, so that you can get the grades you need to study Dentistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orange.bananna)
    PS bit has already been answered - I'd recommend using the PS help!

As to whether or not you should apply this year or take a gap year. You need to be realistic are you going to be predicted 3As? If you're not, it'll be very unlikely that you'll receive an offer.

Can you see why you didn't get the grades you were hoping for? Do you know how you can improve? I think that's the most important thing to think about over the next few days! How can you improve, so that you can get the grades you need to study Dentistry
    I will hopefully be predicted 3 A's, my teachers know how badly I want to do dentistry ive been talking about it all year long, and I know exactly where I went wrong I retook all of my exams from January thinking I would be okay but that wasn't the case in the end, except for my maths exam I went for an E to an A in a few months If I get 3 A's by next year will I be able to apply for dentistry again if I don't get in this year? or should I just go for deferred entry straight away? Thanksss for replying yayy !! I know exactly what I need to do to get the grades I need for dentistry! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heizenburg)
    I'll do it if you want.

And you can't 'make sure' to get a good UKCAT score. That **** is randomly generated.
    okay how do I send it to you, I haven't used the student room before?

ReputationRep:
    I will hopefully be predicted 3 A's, my teachers know how badly I want to do dentistry ive been talking about it all year long, and I know exactly where I went wrong I retook all of my exams from January thinking I would be okay but that wasn't the case in the end, except for my maths exam I went for an E to an A in a few months If I get 3 A's by next year will I be able to apply for dentistry again if I don't get in this year? or should I just go for deferred entry straight away? Thanksss for replying yayy !! I know exactly what I need to do to get the grades I need for dentistry! lol
    Yea there is nothing to stop you applying next year if you don't get in this year

okay how do I send it to you, I haven't used the student room before?
    Please don't post your PS on TSR, it's not secure. Either use the PS help section on TSR (which only members that are PS Helpers can see) or find a securer way to send your PS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.