The Student Room Group

Need some advice.

So got my results back today they were not what I hoped. The most shocking was Geography in which I got a C in one module and a D in the other taking me to a D.

I currently take only 3 A levels and I don't see myself doing well in Geography in Year 13. The crazy idea I came up with is to enter A2 history if my school lets me and then do the AS exam in June for history.

How does application to UNI work? And will i be able to pull this off. I want to go to sheffield Law school and will I have no chance with this idea?
Reply 1
Original post by khare.ima
So got my results back today they were not what I hoped. The most shocking was Geography in which I got a C in one module and a D in the other taking me to a D.

I currently take only 3 A levels and I don't see myself doing well in Geography in Year 13. The crazy idea I came up with is to enter A2 history if my school lets me and then do the AS exam in June for history.

How does application to UNI work? And will i be able to pull this off. I want to go to sheffield Law school and will I have no chance with this idea?

Well the way to find out is to look at what Sheffield requires for their Law courses. If you cannot get what they want, then no it won't work. If you can, then sure, go ahead.
I would recommend contacting the law school directly. Not right away, perhaps in a week once Results Day madness has died down, and discussing your specific situation with them. It might be that they recommend resitting and improving your Geography. Alternatively they might like your idea. But they are the ones who know that.

It goes without saying that if your grades and qualifications are nowhere near what they're asking for (and have no way of getting there), then you need to reconsider your goal.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest