The Student Room Group

is it worth it?

hey,

my grades aren't what people would class as "good" a-levels - same with my gcse's, work experience etc.

so I'm wondering is it worth applying to a lower ranked uni (2014) to a uni such as wolverhampton (local) to study human biology?

cos obviously it would cost me quite a lot, however not necessarily improve my chance of employment that much as employers take into account the respect of the uni as well as the grade achieved

thanks for any help
Reply 1
Original post by ThePremierLeague
hey,

my grades aren't what people would class as "good" a-levels - same with my gcse's, work experience etc.

so I'm wondering is it worth applying to a lower ranked uni (2014) to a uni such as wolverhampton (local) to study human biology?

cos obviously it would cost me quite a lot, however not necessarily improve my chance of employment that much as employers take into account the respect of the uni as well as the grade achieved

thanks for any help
Well, actually, for a lot of jobs employers aren't that bothered about which uni (there are exceptions, but not as many as people suppose). However, without a degree-level qualification, you will find it increasingly difficult to compete for more senior posts in most sectors.

In the end only you can decide whether taking time out to get a degree is worth it. You could consider the Open University - many employers do rate this as it is very tough managing study and work, requiring the sorts of qualities and skills that are much valued.

Quick Reply

Latest