Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing Marine Biology starting this September?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm starting Marine Biology in September!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f_bro2028)
    Hey,

I'm starting Marine Biology in September!
    Haha, yay, i'm not the only one!
    How did your A Levels go?

ReputationRep:
    Haha! I'm from Scotland, (originally from England), so I didn't do A levels. Things work really different up here, i'm not quite sure what the equivalent of A levels is though!

ReputationRep:
    I think the Scottish equivalent is something called 'Highers'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnip storm)
    I think the Scottish equivalent is something called 'Highers'?
    Okay, in that case I did those a year ago and got an A, three Bs and a C, which is what I was offered an unconditional on. I just did something called Advanced Highers for 6th year. Have you just got your A level results?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, in that case I did those a year ago and got an A, three Bs and a C, which is what I was offered an unconditional on. I just did something called Advanced Highers for 6th year. Have you just got your A level results?
    Wow, amazing grades!
    Yeah, i got my results yesterday - Two A's and a C

ReputationRep:
    Thats really good! Obviously you got the grades you needed then!

I would find that nerve wracking, here you already have your grades when you apply for uni so you can get an unconditional, instead of conditionals!

ReputationRep:
    Thats really good! Obviously you got the grades you needed then!

I would find that nerve wracking, here you already have your grades when you apply for uni so you can get an unconditional, instead of conditionals!
    That sounds like such a better system than having to rely on getting those grades and stressing about how well you've done and whether you have to go through Clearing

Are you moving to Stirling or are you commuting?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I think it is a better system!

I'm going to into the university accomodation at Stirling, I live on the Black Isle just above Inverness so I don't have a choice! :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I think it is a better system!

I'm going to into the university accomodation at Stirling, I live on the Black Isle just above Inverness so I don't have a choice! :P
    Haha, fair enough

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.