Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I don't know about anyone else but I think it is really hard to even get a C or a D in an A level never mind an A*. I don't understand how some people seem to think they can just get straight As without doing any work.
    I got three Bs in A2 and I was shocked because last year I got 3 As and a B at AS. My subjects are French, Spanish, Music and Drama. Are they starting to mark harder? p.s I worked way harder this year than last year and still did worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatzHunter95)
    Hey, I don't know about anyone else but I think it is really hard to even get a C or a D in an A level never mind an A*. I don't understand how some people seem to think they can just get straight As without doing any work.
    I got three Bs in A2 and I was shocked because last year I got 3 As and a B at AS. My subjects are French, Spanish, Music and Drama. Are they starting to mark harder? p.s I worked way harder this year than last year and still did worse.
    Hey,

Over the last couple of years I think there has been a conscious effort from the exam boards to make the marking a bit stricter. It is normally the top A and A* grades that get the headlines and, hence, from reading that, most people perhaps think that the A-levels are getting easier. You are right though - I had to work really hard for my A-levels and it didn't come easy. I think now-a-days students are more aware of their options and how to tackle exams etc. So, the rise in A grades in the last few years could also be because of this. There are simply too many factors to take into account! Saying that A-levels are getting easier is a bold statement by the media (or indeed anyone else who believes that).

You're grades are still very good. Sometimes, things don't go to plan - your hard work will pay off somewhere down the line. So don't worry too much (if you're worrying at all). Are you planning on going to university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    Hey,

Over the last couple of years I think there has been a conscious effort from the exam boards to make the marking a bit stricter. It is normally the top A and A* grades that get the headlines and, hence, from reading that, most people perhaps think that the A-levels are getting easier. You are right though - I had to work really hard for my A-levels and it didn't come easy. I think now-a-days students are more aware of their options and how to tackle exams etc. So, the rise in A grades in the last few years could also be because of this. There are simply too many factors to take into account! Saying that A-levels are getting easier is a bold statement by the media (or indeed anyone else who believes that).

You're grades are still very good. Sometimes, things don't go to plan - your hard work will pay off somewhere down the line. So don't worry too much (if you're worrying at all). Are you planning on going to university?
    Thanks. Yea I still got accepted to my firm choice to do languages. It's just so frustrating when I worked so hard and didn't get the A grades. :/ I even got a D in a module! :O Doesn't seem fair when I tried so hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superduper9)
    Hey,

(Original post by KatzHunter95)
    Thanks. Yea I still got accepted to my firm choice to do languages. It's just so frustrating when I worked so hard and didn't get the A grades. :/ I even got a D in a module! :O Doesn't seem fair when I tried so hard.
    They aren't easier and anyone that thinks so is deluded.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.