The Student Room Group

My AS grades are terrible and at this moment I have no idea what to do. Help please?

I study biology,chemistry,physics and classical civilization. In that order I got CDDD. My predicted grades and throughout the year i was working at a consistent A/B level. I understand that a lot of people make up for this at A2 but I am rather unsure at this moment.
I go to a new 6th form this was the first year and it seems that a lot of people failed now i'm contemplating on whether or not I should move. I understand in some cases universities look at the grades ur school achieves but I don't know if thats worth staying.
Initially I wanted to stay in london to study medicine but right now im just really confused. I'm open to suggestions of other courses or ways of entering medicine or w/e I just really need some help
Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by rice7
I study biology,chemistry,physics and classical civilization. In that order I got CDDD. My predicted grades and throughout the year i was working at a consistent A/B level. I understand that a lot of people make up for this at A2 but I am rather unsure at this moment.
I go to a new 6th form this was the first year and it seems that a lot of people failed now i'm contemplating on whether or not I should move. I understand in some cases universities look at the grades ur school achieves but I don't know if thats worth staying.
Initially I wanted to stay in london to study medicine but right now im just really confused. I'm open to suggestions of other courses or ways of entering medicine or w/e I just really need some help
Thank you.

It doesn't look as if you'll be able to improve those grades enough to get a place on a medicine course next year. So graduate entry medicine may be an option to consider and look at science degrees for your undergraduate? Also, are retakes an option for any of your modules/subjects?
with CDDD very unlikely you will be able to get into medicine, unless you apply somewhere that doesnt look at AS grades like Manchester, even then its unlikely youll be able to pull it up to AAA
Reply 3
Original post by Grishmaramesh
I'm in the same position as you. I got 8 A*s and 3 A's for GCSE. I'm working at my local hospital, I'm the Youth MP for Swindon and other stuff. I was predicted all A's but for some unknown and stupid reasons, my grades have come back as BCD!! Wtf?!! I had never even imagined getting such grades. I have always been the top of my school and was even chosen to attend a medical residential at Cambridge and Oxford. My teachers think there's something fishy going on with my results. I'm getting remarked and getting a photocopy of my papers. I have a strong feeling that I've been unfairly marked for everything!! Is that possible? In ALL my mocks, I always got A's. not even a b. this is stupid!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am going to get remarks as well but even if I really did mess up, I am not giving up yet haha I just have to work a lot harder and and do some retakes and hopefully I'll get there. Good luck to you hope you do well :smile:
That's good!:-) I guess we're both determined on doing medicine. Don't give up. Thanks, and good luck to you too!:3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
While AS results aren't everything in medicine, most applicants will have AAAB+ along with all the other stuff you need. I'm sorry to say but your odds aren't looking good.

Quick Reply

Latest