Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

1 a-level not cashed in Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got AAB. but one of my A's wasn't cashed in and so it wasn't updated on ucas. I missed my firm, but i want to go to sheffield university in clearing, which requires ABB, but I can't even do clearing cause I can't confirm my A. I'm going into school tomorrow to get the result slips for the subject that wasn't cashed in so i can prove through my ums points that I attained an A, but is there anything else I can do? I went into school and they told me they are going to get it cashed in, but it will be next week and i'm worried the spot at sheffield will be gone. Is there anything I can do to make this quicker so I get what I want?

ReputationRep:
    Phone them and explain ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicineMann)
    Phone them and explain ASAP.
    I phoned them and they said they ca't hold it. I'm just gonna try getting the result slips scanned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sesshomaru24U)
    I phoned them and they said they ca't hold it. I'm just gonna try getting the result slips scanned.
    Yup, good idea, this will confirm the result and you can send it to the uni. No guarantees, but it's a good way of attempting to solve the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I got AAB. but one of my A's wasn't cashed in and so it wasn't updated on ucas. I missed my firm, but i want to go to sheffield university in clearing, which requires ABB, but I can't even do clearing cause I can't confirm my A. I'm going into school tomorrow to get the result slips for the subject that wasn't cashed in so i can prove through my ums points that I attained an A, but is there anything else I can do? I went into school and they told me they are going to get it cashed in, but it will be next week and i'm worried the spot at sheffield will be gone. Is there anything I can do to make this quicker so I get what I want?
    I have the same problem. How do you know it'll be cashed in next week? I thought it usually only takes a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username_valid)
    I have the same problem. How do you know it'll be cashed in next week? I thought it usually only takes a day
    My teacher told me it would probably be done by next week and that i should contact her then. It's annoying, because i'm seeing awesome universities in clearing that i can apply to.
    I have you got an actual website link or something that says it will be done in a day?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me it would probably be done by next week and that i should contact her then. It's annoying, because i'm seeing awesome universities in clearing that i can apply to.
    I have you got an actual website link or something that says it will be done in a day?
    I was just going by what exam officer at our school was saying but still haven't heard anything. That's exactly how I feel, there's a course in clearing which I wouldn't mind doing but the entry requirements are gradually increasing so its getting a little worrying.

Having spoken to my insurance uni, they would accept an email from the exam officer confirming the grade so I thing I'm going to try and get hold of him. It might be something worth doing?

ReputationRep:
    I was just going by what exam officer at our school was saying but still haven't heard anything. That's exactly how I feel, there's a course in clearing which I wouldn't mind doing but the entry requirements are gradually increasing so its getting a little worrying.

Having spoken to my insurance uni, they would accept an email from the exam officer confirming the grade so I thing I'm going to try and get hold of him. It might be something worth doing?
    I already did that, apparently they need the actual certificate. I just found on the edexcel website they cash-in within 24 hours during times like this, so i don't get why I am being told a week. i can't find anything for wjec though. This is annoying. I can't do anything but wait.

ReputationRep:
    I already did that, apparently they need the actual certificate. I just found on the edexcel website they cash-in within 24 hours during times like this, so i don't get why I am being told a week. i can't find anything for wjec though. This is annoying. I can't do anything but wait.
    Hi, have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me
    See the exams officer, not a teacher

This can be done very quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    See the exams officer, not a teacher

This can be done very quickly
    Do you know how long a late cash-in (OCR) usually takes?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know how long a late cash-in (OCR) usually takes?
    Nope
    I have seen same day turn around from Edexcel

Page 76 - it looks fairly straight forward for the exams officer - has it already been done for you

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/16440-a...ns-2012-13.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Nope
    I have seen same day turn around from Edexcel

Page 76 - it looks fairly straight forward for the exams officer - has it already been done for you

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/16440-a...ns-2012-13.pdf
    Ah OK, that's interesting, thank you. Yeah I was told it was cashed in on Thursday after I realised it had not already been cashed in. I got in touch with the universities on that same day and again yesterday both by phone and email but they had not received anything. I was told I would get an email when it comes through on their system, but still nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's being cashed so i'm done here Also it was for WJEC so it took 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's being cashed so i'm done here Also it was for WJEC so it took 3 days.
    Good news

ReputationRep:
    Good news
    Yeah only problem is it hasn't been updated on ucas, but on monday I can start phoning uni's asap

ReputationRep:
    Yeah only problem is it hasn't been updated on ucas, but on monday I can start phoning uni's asap
    And, was it the grade that you needed?

ReputationRep:
    And, was it the grade that you needed?
    Eh not 100% sure. Newcastle had me on their waiting list, I told them I got AAB not AAA (the entry requirement). They said no on Thursday, but contacted me Friday saying they have a place. So i'm assuming it is the grade i need.

ReputationRep:
    Eh not 100% sure. Newcastle had me on their waiting list, I told them I got AAB not AAA (the entry requirement). They said no on Thursday, but contacted me Friday saying they have a place. So i'm assuming it is the grade i need.
    Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed
    Thanks you applying this year also?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.