The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Accommodation problem! No space in halls!

my girlf has just received an email saying that the halls are full and now its pure panic! what does she do from here? has this happened to anybody else? she applied so so early and she's from outside london and she got all the grades?
I've just got the exact same email! I have no idea what to do next or who to talk to about this - I'm also from outside of London and have been accepted.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 2
Same has happened to me, no idea what to do next really.
Hi all!

Sorry that you didn't get into halls :frown: It really sucks but unfortunately halls are always under high demand every year and Accommodation aren't able to offer places to everyone.

Don't worry though, here's some advice on where to look next:

We have the Official Goldsmiths SU Housing Group on Facebook where people post if they have rooms to rent or are looking to rent, so my advice would definitely be start there.

Additionally, there's the University of London Housing Service, AccommodationForStudents.com, or RightMove Students.

We’re also hosting a Speed Housemating event at the Students’ Union on September 10th. We have a Facebook event with more details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1405083176380097/

On the GSU website's Welfare section, we have a sub-section on housing on the menu on the left which gives some general advice and things to be aware of while renting.

And if all else fails, don't panic, get in touch with us at the Students’ Union and we'll see what we can do :smile:
My accommodation application still says 'awaiting verification'... What in earth dies that mean?!
Reply 5
I'm interested!
Reply 6
Is anyone going to be living in Academic House, Herne Hill? I applied there when I found out I didn't get into uni halls...really hoping there will be other Goldsmiths people there !!! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Bobs93
Is anyone going to be living in Academic House, Herne Hill? I applied there when I found out I didn't get into uni halls...really hoping there will be other Goldsmiths people there !!! :smile:

I applied as well, fingers crossed!
Reply 8
Original post by ToxicBadger
I applied as well, fingers crossed!

Yay!!!! So excited! :smile: hopefully see you around!
Original post by glasgowmum
That's being rather economical with the truth when you say there's no space left. The fact of the matter is, accommodation was offered to FORTY students only from the A Level results. There was never any space available, cept for the lucky 40. There are 940 accommodation units at Goldsmiths and 900 out of the 940 available had already been allocated long before the A Level results which were out on August 15th. It is not that anyone is 'unlucky' in this specific situation it is in fact that 40 people got extremely and I do mean, extremely lucky.

I have responded to your comment in this thread, but as I've said there and elsewhere I'm really not sure who told you only 40 places were reserved for A-Level students because that's really not the case :confused: A-Level Graduates make up the vast majority of people who were offered places in halls; more than half of the total places available were offered and allocated to Freshers from the UK.
Hi, facing the same problem myself. If my application for halls is declined, I'll likely be trying for Academic House. How far is it away distance wise, does anyone know? :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by phantasmagorical
Hi, facing the same problem myself. If my application for halls is declined, I'll likely be trying for Academic House. How far is it away distance wise, does anyone know? :smile:

I was told by the office there that the bus stop is right outside, one change and then it takes you straight to Goldsmiths... I think its around 30 mins? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending