Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so i got my A level results, ABB. I got my firm Economics at Royal Holloway and my insurance Brunel. However at somebodies recommendation i called up City Uni and they gave me an offer for accounting and finance. So in order to accept it, i was told i had to be released from RH and Brunel, i requested both to release me. I then accept City while im in clearing right? is this procedure correct, stressing that ive done something stupid/wrong

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's correct

As 5pm has passed you should have a clearing number by now.

How come you fancied City over RHUL and Brunel, out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punjab94)
    Ok so i got my A level results, ABB. I got my firm Economics at Royal Holloway and my insurance Brunel. However at somebodies recommendation i called up City Uni and they gave me an offer for accounting and finance. So in order to accept it, i was told i had to be released from RH and Brunel, i requested both to release me. I then accept City while im in clearing right? is this procedure correct, stressing that ive done something stupid/wrong
    Well I cannot understand why someone would be rejecting Economics at RHUL to do Accounting at City

BUT

Apart from that

Yes, you need to get your firm/insurance to release you and then apply to City in clearing

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to be released from Brunel because that place went automatically when your place at Royal Holloway was confirmed.

(Original post by rockrunride)
    Yes, that's correct

As 5pm has passed you should have a clearing number by now.

How come you fancied City over RHUL and Brunel, out of interest?
    Assuming the release from Royal Holloway has gone through.

ReputationRep:
    you don't need to get released from both RH and brunel, you just need to get released from one of them, if you met your firm, then its RH, if you missed out on your firm but got into your insurance, then its brunel

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guy appreciate the prompt replies. Seeing as how the offer was AAB, i got abb i wouldn't be eligible for adjustment right..so i should stay away from it? Anyway to get RH to hurry up and release me, i need to add City in track by 12pm tommorow or i lose the offer and they seem to be taking they're time. As for why i picked City its because its part of Cass business school, its local and i really wanted to do accounting and finance and it ranks fairly well in the league tables. Thanks again guys.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guy appreciate the prompt replies. Seeing as how the offer was AAB, i got abb i wouldn't be eligible for adjustment right..so i should stay away from it? Anyway to get RH to hurry up and release me, i need to add City in track by 12pm tommorow or i lose the offer and they seem to be taking they're time. As for why i picked City its because its part of Cass business school, its local and i really wanted to do accounting and finance and it ranks fairly well in the league tables. Thanks again guys.
    No, you are not eligible.

ReputationRep:
    If RH still haven't made up their mind about you, you need to tell them know now that you'd rather be rejected straight away. If they've got you on some waiting list getting a final decision could still take time. If they have accepted you and you are waiting to be released, you'll need to ring them again early tomorrow morning to give yourself a chance of getting released by 12md. If that doesn't happen you need to let City know in case they are able to extend the deadline for you.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you. City also said "Subject to you submitting yourself to City University London through Clearing/Adjustment on your UCAS Track account within 24 hours of the date of this offer."
    Does that just describe the process i listed above? like adding them on clearing and being released by RH and whatnot?

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you. City also said "Subject to you submitting yourself to City University London through Clearing/Adjustment on your UCAS Track account within 24 hours of the date of this offer."
    Does that just describe the process i listed above? like adding them on clearing and being released by RH and whatnot?
    Yes - you won't be able to add a Clearing choice until RH releases you, but once this release has hit Track you will be able to.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Have you sent us an email to the admissions email address to ask to be released? We are only releasing people if they have done this as we need it in writing.

If you have already emailed us then I'm sorry that we haven't replied to you yet. We've had a large number of emails today (around 1000) and so it is obviously taking us some time to go through them to find students who wish to be released. What time did you send it?

If you haven't heard from us by tomorrow at 11 then let us know on here by private message and we will try to help.

Emma.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London)
    Hi,

Have you sent us an email to the admissions email address to ask to be released? We are only releasing people if they have done this as we need it in writing.

If you have already emailed us then I'm sorry that we haven't replied to you yet. We've had a large number of emails today (around 1000) and so it is obviously taking us some time to go through them to find students who wish to be released. What time did you send it?

If you haven't heard from us by tomorrow at 11 then let us know on here by private message and we will try to help.

Emma.
    How nice is that eh? Brilliant

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rh, i sent you a pm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.