Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I just got my results and it's not looking good...

I got ABBB (econ, maths, physics, chem) (predicted A*,A,B,?)
    I was aiming for AAAB so I'm quite stressed out

I'm remarking physics, but I need to resit 2 modules (1 chem and 1 maths).

Just wondering if resits will affect my application to read economics at Warwick? And do I have a realistic chance at getting an offer?

I got 8.5 A*s, 1.5 As and 1 B for GCSE if it helps

Thanks for any help
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    Warwick economics has an entry rate of 10% compared to the applications it receives (~230 enrolments per year to ~2500 applicants per year), so your chances are already quite low . However, your AS marks will have some sway, but your predicted grades more so. So long as you can get predicted the entry requirements, you will get looked at. Then you have to make sure you have an awesome personal statement! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, no pressure on me then I think I will get the predicted grades. Do you think Warwick will care too much if retake 2 modules then?

And thanks
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by caveman1234)
    Ah, no pressure on me then I think I will get the predicted grades. Do you think Warwick will care too much if retake 2 modules then?

And thanks
    I honestly don't know . It may be worth emailing the admission team in economics to find out for definite :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    I honestly don't know . It may be worth emailing the admission team in economics to find out for definite :yep:
    Okay cheers, I've emailed them! Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Economics at Warwick. I have just got my AS results and got AAABD (econ, business, sociology, math, gen) I am dropping business and resitting Maths to try and get an A.
    I have been told I will probably be predicted A*A*AB A in Maths, B in gen.
    think I have a chance?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.