Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i had a job i really loved as an assistant manager and they offered me the position of manager in another premises, when i got in there, there wasnt such a position and they deceased me as a supervisor wich i was 2 years ago, and they wanted me to work 57 hours per week 9 days in a row so i couldnt take it anymore and i couldnt go back to the other branch coz they got somebody else for that position and coz my boyfriend works there and we cant work together, so i never went back last friday. I know what i did was unproffesional but do you guys think its wrong?

ReputationRep:
    i mean, would you have done the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _meiko_)
    i mean, would you have done the same?
    I think they screwed you royally like.....i dont think that they can do that. You should check where you stand legally with them and take it from there. dont let them push you over, im sure you have some legal advantage over them.....use it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Barman)
    I think they screwed you royally like.....i dont think that they can do that. You should check where you stand legally with them and take it from there. dont let them push you over, im sure you have some legal advantage over them.....use it
    yeah, but i was in a salary, not paid per hours, just getting the same crap every week, so i didnt even clock a card, how can i proof i was working there for that many hours? it doesnt really matter, and i dont want to get my boyfriend in trouble since he's working for the same company...
    just looking for another job, i've got two interviews today and another in monday...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but i was in a salary, not paid per hours, just getting the same crap every week, so i didnt even clock a card, how can i proof i was working there for that many hours? it doesnt really matter, and i dont want to get my boyfriend in trouble since he's working for the same company...
    just looking for another job, i've got two interviews today and another in monday...
    sounds familiar...what company did you work for?
    good luck at your interviews!

ReputationRep:
    well thast fair enough.....good luck we that interviews!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feebs)
    sounds familiar...what company did you work for?
    good luck at your interviews!
    i dont think you know it cos i'm in dublin, its a restaurant chain, actually i've got a couple of interviews, one is tomorrow morning at the Jury's Hotel in Ballsbridge for a management job, sounds good, got a very promising e-mail telling me to contact them for the interview

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.