Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To remark or not to remark? [Physics] Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.

Got AAB overall at AS with the B in Physics! Pretty thrilled

What's irritated me though is, in AQA PHYA2, I've scraped a C with 44/70 Raw marks. Now I'm not great at mechanics but I am 99% sure I did not lose 26 marks on that paper. (In most of my mocks, I got in the 55~60 range)

As a result of this, I have only just scraped it onto the overall B boundary, gaining exactly 210.

If I get my script back on priority I can read through it and decide whether or not to get a remark. Is anybody else doing this?

I'm just scared it's going to get marked down. Would I be able to send for a second remark if this was the case?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spleenharvester)

If I get my script back on priority I can read through it and decide whether or not to get a remark. Is anybody else doing this?

I'm just scared it's going to get marked down. Would I be able to send for a second remark if this was the case?
    get the script back, get a teacher to see f it's worth a re-mark before going for it.

No, you can't go for a second re-mark.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the reply bud. On one hand I don't want to be dropped down to AAC. On the other hand, I really need all the marks I can get, given A2 Physics is supposed to be so difficult. I'd like a B overall in it really, same as this year.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, when are the deadlines for getting your paper back and getting a remark, as a first year? My school is giving out completely wrong dates and I'm not sure what to believe. There's gonna be noone in school until Sept.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.