Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My feelings for my boyfriend change on a daily basis Watch

One minute I love him, next minute I can't stand him.

Right now I'm in a "can't stand him" phase, I don't even want to see him or talk to him. Everything he does just annoys me and I think I want to end it.

However I know in a day or two I'll be madly in love with him and could think of nothing worse than ending it.

What is wrong with me?!

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    It's natural. Give it some time and see how you feel then .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    While it's natural for feelings to flux a bit, I've not really seen anyone swing as regularly as this: firstly I'd recommend sitting down with your BF and talking to him about the things he does that irritate you, relationships should be about compromise. Secondly, if these mood swings are mirrored in other areas than just your relationship I'd look at talking to a GP or counsellor, because mood swings that frequently can be symptoms of a mental health problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One minute I love him, next minute I can't stand him.

Right now I'm in a "can't stand him" phase, I don't even want to see him or talk to him. Everything he does just annoys me and I think I want to end it.

However I know in a day or two I'll be madly in love with him and could think of nothing worse than ending it.

What is wrong with me?!
    How long have you been with him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    While it's natural for feelings to flux a bit, I've not really seen anyone swing as regularly as this: firstly I'd recommend sitting down with your BF and talking to him about the things he does that irritate you, relationships should be about compromise. Secondly, if these mood swings are mirrored in other areas than just your relationship I'd look at talking to a GP or counsellor, because mood swings that frequently can be symptoms of a mental health problem.
    ^^^ This

ReputationRep:
    How old are you and how long have you been together?

I can sort of understand where you're coming from (everyone has days where honestly they don't even want to talk to their partner let alone anyone else) but it sounds like you swing quite a lot and quite potent swings at that.

Each relationship is different and maybe this is just normal for you in this one, some relationships are stable/boring as while others are like a roller-coaster.

I guess you could talk to him as someone suggests if it's something he does putting you off him, but if it's just how you are for no logical reasons, telling him will just create an actual problem instead of one inside your head.

For now I'd wait and see if your attitudes to your relationships 'settle' with time unless this is absolutely grinding you down.

Best of luck OP.

ReputationRep:
    Are you on the pill?

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    How old are you and how long have you been together?

I can sort of understand where you're coming from (everyone has days where honestly they don't even want to talk to their partner let alone anyone else) but it sounds like you swing quite a lot and quite potent swings at that.

Each relationship is different and maybe this is just normal for you in this one, some relationships are stable/boring as while others are like a roller-coaster.

I guess you could talk to him as someone suggests if it's something he does putting you off him, but if it's just how you are for no logical reasons, telling him will just create an actual problem instead of one inside your head.

For now I'd wait and see if your attitudes to your relationships 'settle' with time unless this is absolutely grinding you down.

Best of luck OP.
    We have been together about 8 months, it's always been like this really. I'm 24. I've been similar in other relationships but not this extreme, I think he irritate me more than previous boyfriends.
    (Original post by lmaolmao)
    Are you on the pill?
    Yes. Microgynon. I've been on it for 3 years and can't really remember what I'm like off it. I do feel I've become slightly more irritable and judgemental on it but it's hard to tell. I certainly feel more "hatred" towards my boyfriend towards the end of a pack... Along with general anger towards everything!

ReputationRep:
    You're a woman, OP :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    You are female.

/thread.

Seriously though it could be to do with the pill? My GF went on it but she had to stop after giving it a go for a few months or so because it effected her moods dramatically.

You could just see how you feel without it for a short period? I know my GF noticed her mood becoming normal again after only a month of not using it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We have been together about 8 months, it's always been like this really. I'm 24. I've been similar in other relationships but not this extreme, I think he irritate me more than previous boyfriends.

Yes. Microgynon. I've been on it for 3 years and can't really remember what I'm like off it. I do feel I've become slightly more irritable and judgemental on it but it's hard to tell. I certainly feel more "hatred" towards my boyfriend towards the end of a pack... Along with general anger towards everything!
    Woops. Sorry for the late reply, my girlfriend was on Microgynon for nearly a year and we both concluded that it was really starting to affect her.

She said she just didn't feel at all secure about herself and really would blow up over the smallest of things. Was nearly a deal breaker until we decided to change.

She's on Cilest now and it's much much better! Absolutely no weird feelings like how she felt before. I'd recommend changing it asap!

ReputationRep:
    Is your love actual love? Cause I don't think that switches on and off so fast.

To be honest, there's probably someone out there for you who you will love almost all the time, so maybe this guy isn't the right guy for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    You are female.

/thread.

Seriously though it could be to do with the pill? My GF went on it but she had to stop after giving it a go for a few months or so because it effected her moods dramatically.

You could just see how you feel without it for a short period? I know my GF noticed her mood becoming normal again after only a month of not using it.
    Pun intended?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odkfn)
    Pun intended?
    Haha no, and tbf without the pill the periods would lengthen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    This.

I would sometimes feel like that towards my boyfriend when my anxiety and depression were really bad. The smallest little things he did could make me feel angry; I'd interpret something he said or did as meaning he didn't care about how much I was struggling, and I seriously thought about ending it because of that (among other reasons). Sometimes I'd even feel angry or irritated with him for no reason really. Since having counselling for it, I don't experience those kind of mood swings anymore. Although having said that I still loved him throughout all of that because once the mood swings wore off I just felt terrible about how I'd treated him while I was experiencing them, and no matter how close I got to ending things I always ended up curled up in the foetal position sobbing each time I thought about it no matter how awful I felt because I just couldn't bear the thought of him not being in my life.

The pill could also be having an effect - Microgynon possibly contributed to me being an emotional wreck for the first few months I was on it, but not after that because I'm better now and I've been on it for 18 months so I don't think it was the problem with me. Seeing as you get more irritated towards the end of a pack, that suggests it is causing you problems with mood swings and it might be worth asking your GP if you can be put on a different pill.

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting what people are saying about Microgynon. My best friend had to come off it due to severe mood swings whereas I've never been more chilled than when I'm on it, lol. Bizarre!

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with you, but I don't think you love him. You don't love someone on and off like that. You might fancy him, be attracted to him, etc, etc, but not actual love. I suppose you should be asking yourself whether you will ever love him, or whether you're satisfied with less for now.

ReputationRep:
    Wow this thread could have been written by me! I know the feeling OP me and my boyfriend have been together 8 months and honestly sometimes I just wish I could never see him again but then others I want to be with him all the time! Talking can help, although my boyfriend is quite sensitive and didnt really take it all too Well.. Oops

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.