Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I got my AS results today and I got ABCDE (predicted AAAB);

A - Business
    B - Maths
    C - Physics
    D - Further Maths
    E - Computing

In my Maths and Physics it was just one paper/unit out of 3 that let me down and stopped me from achieving the grade up, so I'll probably resit them. I'll also probably drop computing as I don't really enjoy it all that much anyway.

1) Would it still be possible for me to get into a Russell Group uni with these results? Or am I going to have to lower my aims a bit?

2) I hate business, like really despise it. Having said that though it'd be criminal to drop it having got my only A in it. So would it be best to carry on with Business, Maths, Further Maths and Physics or drop business and just work really hard at Maths, Further Maths or Physics? or do I even need further maths and should I reduce my workload a bit and just do Business/Maths/Physics? (I want to do Maths at uni).

I'm a bit confused anyway and not entirely sure whether to be happy, content or disappointed with my results to be honest, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Believable_Jeff)
    So I got my AS results today and I got ABCDE (predicted AAAB);

A - Business
    B - Maths
    C - Physics
    D - Further Maths
    E - Computing

In my Maths and Physics it was just one paper/unit out of 3 that let me down and stopped me from achieving the grade up, so I'll probably resit them. I'll also probably drop computing as I don't really enjoy it all that much anyway.

1) Would it still be possible for me to get into a Russell Group uni with these results? Or am I going to have to lower my aims a bit?

2) I hate business, like really despise it. Having said that though it'd be criminal to drop it having got my only A in it. So would it be best to carry on with Business, Maths, Further Maths and Physics or drop business and just work really hard at Maths, Further Maths or Physics? or do I even need further maths and should I reduce my workload a bit and just do Business/Maths/Physics? (I want to do Maths at uni).

I'm a bit confused anyway and not entirely sure whether to be happy, content or disappointed with my results to be honest, so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Sorry but as mathematician I find your alphabetical grade sequence incredibly pleasing, well done

ReputationRep:
    B - IT (2% away from A)
    C - Computing (4% away from B)
    D - Maths (4% away from C - stupid S1 module ruined me)

I have no chance of doing maths in uni now do I

ReputationRep:
    One word, resits

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.