Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Battlefield 4 or C.O.D Ghosts? Watch

ReputationRep:
    BF4 is outdoing COD is pre orders. Maybe BF4 will win this time

BF4 also has better graphics - Destrcution - Huge Maps - 64 multiplayer
    COD just has Dogs - same stuff..

ReputationRep:
    BF4 just looks amazing, even more than BF3 which I thought had a strong multiplayer. The thing with COD is that it's always likely going to be the same. Better graphics - okay, more guns - why not, dogs - all the better (but who the heck brings dogs to actual wars, and yes I know it's only a game) but other games can do that so the only difference with them is the way they're seen in the market. BF4 though. Omg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasunerd)
    The thing with COD is that it's always likely going to be the same. Better graphics - okay,
    Is that even true, though? Granted, I haven't played a CoD title since MW3 (only played that one to see the story through to the end...despite its ridiculousness), but to be honest, I didn't see any real graphical improvements at all in any title between MW and MW3.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably pick up bf4, I never played COD so I can't comment.I'll have to wait until the funds for a ps4, which will be a while as its not really at the top of my shopping list.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Neither.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting both. I've always been a call of duty girl so I'm definately buying it.
    However, my friends have always owned a different console to me and this year we are all getting ps4s They're more interested in bf4 than cod though so I'm getting bf4 so I can play with them It does look awesome online.

ReputationRep:
    Both..

Bf campaigns I love but hate the multiplayer on them, maps that are so big you literally run (yes I said run as you cant get in a jet or tank for people camping in them) just to get shot off as you near your target :confused:

COD campaign and mp are great, I'm loving the fact I can finally have a female char and theres less air scorestreaks!! Also squads & clan wars look goooood.

Why would I buy only 1 or the other..when theres room for both :lockstock:

ReputationRep:
    Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, when will these clone games end? I don't know a thing about either games but I bet you any money that it's about American soldiers shooting terrorists. Done to death.

ReputationRep:
    none, they suck it's all gta 5 now

ReputationRep:
    Most likely both. COD gets a lot of stick but tbh they are both great games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peter12345)
    Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts, when will these clone games end? I don't know a thing about either games but I bet you any money that it's about American soldiers shooting terrorists. Done to death.
    When people stop buying/liking them, I like battlefield its fun with friends, i prefer fifa though. Ive sold my ps3 now though

ReputationRep:
    Call of Duty's always been more fast paced, which is something I've always liked about it. Game modes like cranked definitely ameliorates it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Flahey)
    When people stop buying/liking them, I like battlefield its fun with friends, i prefer fifa though. Ive sold my ps3 now though
    It's the biggest scam. It's the same frickin game just with new maps and extended storyline. They haven't even bothered redesigning the graphics engine. What they do is genius really, Rather than release 3 or 4 solid games they churn out little spin offs every couple of months that they could have just sold cheaper as an expansion pack or something. In that respect Battlefield isn't so bad because there has only been 4 I just dislike Battlefield because it is so unoriginal.

ReputationRep:
    It's the biggest scam. It's the same frickin game just with new maps and extended storyline. They haven't even bothered redesigning the graphics engine. What they do is genius really, Rather than release 3 or 4 solid games they churn out little spin offs every couple of months that they could have just sold cheaper as an expansion pack or something. In that respect Battlefield isn't so bad because there has only been 4 I just dislike Battlefield because it is so unoriginal.
    its not a scam you idiot, i bought it because i liked it. I dont care if you didnt like it for xyz it was fun and I even bought some of the dlc, dont expect dice to give you free **** just for the hell of it. If you do then why cant you give me free stuff and so on and so forth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Flahey)
    its not a scam you idiot, i bought it because i liked it. I dont care if you didnt like it for xyz it was fun and I even bought some of the dlc, dont expect dice to give you free **** just for the hell of it. If you do then why cant you give me free stuff and so on and so forth.
    oright m8 calm down. I'm just saying it's a bit of a ripoff. The games are a bit samey considering the price you are paying for each.

ReputationRep:
    They haven't redesigned the graphics engine because they released a new graphics engine for bf3 not to long ago.
    Every battlefield game released has been solid and not released every couple of months.
    Battlefield 2 was released in 2005, bf3 in 2011...
    Although, everything you said is correct if you replace the word 'battlefield' with 'call of duty'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenfish)
    They haven't redesigned the graphics engine because they released a new graphics engine for bf3 not to long ago.
    Every battlefield game released has been solid and not released every couple of months.
    Battlefield 2 was released in 2005, bf3 in 2011...
    Although, everything you said is correct if you replace the word 'battlefield' with 'call of duty'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah yeah all true, bf has the new frostbite engine. That's why I said bf wasn't so bad. cod is the worst offender by far. bf just gets a bad rap because it's kinda similar to cod so comes across as a lazy imitation to the untrained eye but it's a good solid game really as you pointed out. sorry for ripping into bf.

ReputationRep:
    BF4

CoD has the better single player, but for multiplayer if you've got one CoD, you've got all CoDs.

ReputationRep:
    yeah yeah all true, bf has the new frostbite engine.
    They made the new game engine for BF4 from the ground up? If not then it's not new. Game engines take a very long time to make and it's very common for games to use other people's game engines. Medal of Honor used Unreal's engine, for example.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of either, but I think BF4 will be ahead.

I'm more eager to see Amnesia: Machine for Pigs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.