Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whats the best, cheapest mobile network in the UK in your opinion?
    I'm moving from Ireland to Scotland so I'd love some advice!

ReputationRep:
    Orange

Posted from TSR Mobile

EE, their 4G LTE is the best in the country... also the only one currently :cool:
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Three or EE.

ReputationRep:
      I've only ever been with O2 or Three.

O2 definitely have better coverage but Three is cheaper.

ReputationRep:
      No such thing.

If you can't get a signal on a network then what's the point in paying for the service even if it is the cheapest.

First sort out which of the big 4 networks work in your area out of EE, Three, O2 and Vodafone. Then come back here and give us more details on what plan you want? Pay as you go? contract phone? Mins/texts/data? etc...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tehFrance)
      EE, their 4G LTE is the best in the country... also the only one currently :cool:
      It's also horrendously overpriced/

ReputationRep:
      Talkmobile seriously very cheap, I'm using a Nokia Lumia 610 for £7.50 a month, unlimited texts, 100 mins and 250mb of data

ReputationRep:
      my vote goes to 3.

ReputationRep:
      Cheapest? Probably giffgaff

Best?
      Internet speeds wise: EE of course
      Covearge wise: 3

(Original post by Sum Gai)
        It's also horrendously overpriced/
        £36pm for unlimited minutes, texts and data (special offer at the time otherwise 500mb/1gb) and free iPhone? Sounds decent to me, paying slightly more than I did for my old iPhone.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tehFrance)
        £36pm for unlimited minutes, texts and data (special offer at the time otherwise 500mb/1gb) and free iPhone? Sounds decent to me, paying slightly more than I did for my old iPhone.
        Not when Three, T-Mobile, O2 all beat that deal. Not to mention smaller MVNO's.

Yes you don't get 4G but you get a better data allowance. besides, not everyone want's an iPhone or wants to pay £36pm. For example i pay £12.50pm and get 2000 mins, 5000 texts, Unlimited 3G and 4G data on Three. And yes, Three do 4G for free once it launches so in actual fact they do a 4G deal on the iPhone that beats EE's deal.

ReputationRep:
        Giff gaf

ReputationRep:
        I've always been on Orange/EE, paid a reasonable price and never had any problems Why don't you go into stores and have a look at what deals they've got?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ddaappoo)
        Talkmobile seriously very cheap, I'm using a Nokia Lumia 610 for £7.50 a month, unlimited texts, 100 mins and 250mb of data
        Thanks, its really good. How is network ? Which operator it uses ?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by zaback21)
        Thanks, its really good. How is network ? Which operator it uses ?
        Vodafone!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by yarshad)
        Vodafone!
        Thanks !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.