Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received my A-level results today. I'm extremely shocked by what I got. I performed a lot better in June than I did in January. What are the chances of me receiving an offer for a university which requires AAB?

Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Username<)
    I received my A-level results today. I'm extremely shocked by what I got. I performed a lot better in June than I did in January. What are the chances of me receiving an offer for a university which requires AAB?

Any help would be appreciated.
    You're in exactly the same boat as me. I received CCCd in my as results but uni's require AAB in the course i want to do.. I think they might give you a conditional depending on personal statements and references etc.. I hope i'm not completely rejected by all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia_baines)
    You're in exactly the same boat as me. I received CCCd in my as results but uni's require AAB in the course i want to do.. I think they might give you a conditional depending on personal statements and references etc.. I hope i'm not completely rejected by all
    It seems like ALL the universities want AAB! Its so annoying! If you don't mind me asking, what did you get in January?

ReputationRep:
    In january i sat biology, chemistry and maths exams. I got BEC in that order.. And now, my overall grades so far are CDC (although im dropping maths so i dont really care) i also got a c in french. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mia_baines)
    In january i sat biology, chemistry and maths exams. I got BEC in that order.. And now, my overall grades so far are CDC (although im dropping maths so i dont really care) i also got a c in french. What about you?
    In January I got ABCD. I hope I can get offers with the requirements of AAB!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't think your predicted grades will match AAB, probably BBC or BBB if you're lucky. So you're going to need a good personal statement, references and what are your GCSE grades like if they show consistency? Have a back up university too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't think your predicted grades will match AAB, probably BBC or BBB if you're lucky. So you're going to need a good personal statement, references and what are your GCSE grades like if they show consistency? Have a back up university too.
    When I spoke to my teacher before about this she said no matter what I got she'd predict me an A. In one paper I got an A it was only the second one I didn't do too well in so maybe that teacher will predict me a B. The third teacher said I'm capable of an A... Maybe I can push him.

My GCSE results are okayish not all As but I didn't fail them.

Do you think I've got a good chance if my teachers predict me AAB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by >Username<)
    When I spoke to my teacher before about this she said no matter what I got she'd predict me an A. In one paper I got an A it was only the second one I didn't do too well in so maybe that teacher will predict me a B. The third teacher said I'm capable of an A... Maybe I can push him.

My GCSE results are okayish not all As but I didn't fail them.

Do you think I've got a good chance if my teachers predict me AAB?
    Yes, I'm sure they'll confirm this in your references too

ReputationRep:
    Heyy guys, I would really appreciate if anyone could sort of predict my chances of getting into KCL with the AS grades I just achieved. I'm really interested in studying Politics of the International Economy. The grade requirements are AAA..

So my AS grades are AACC - A's in Economics & Biology and C's In Maths & Chemistry. I didn't do as well as I hoped to, but how are those as grades? I don't have much of an indication. I'll be retaking Maths for sure and was planning to drop Chem initially too.

I think my predicted grades will be AAB or A* A B (High A in AS Econ) .. Do you think that could somehow weigh out the AAA requirements if in addition to that, I try and put together an amazing personal statement? I've done so much that is geared towards this course in particular like summer schools for this course in random cities half way across the world I had never visited before! or will they just not consider me?

You don't have to be nice :P I can handle honesty.. I hope!
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.