Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just finished my second year in sixth form, although I have only done two years of AS levels. Long story short my school have had lots of problems (teaching the wrong spec for the exam!). Since retaking my Psychology AS this year, I applied for a place at college to complete the last year of my A levels. Although now I have a letter from college saying they aren't doing A levels (don't know why!) and I have got my results today and it''s not good at all, DUU. I don't really want to have to do another two years of A levels, I'm 19 in october. Although I do really want to go to university, I want to study Criminology with Law.
    I've been looking online for E-courses that will help me get enough ucas points to get in to university next year but I have no idea what ones are the best to do and if universities accept them, does anyone know what I should do?
    I have about 60 ucas points, pitiful I know, and most courses I'm looking at are around 300!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamd1994)
    Hi, I have just finished my second year in sixth form, although I have only done two years of AS levels. Long story short my school have had lots of problems (teaching the wrong spec for the exam!). Since retaking my Psychology AS this year, I applied for a place at college to complete the last year of my A levels. Although now I have a letter from college saying they aren't doing A levels (don't know why!) and I have got my results today and it''s not good at all, DUU. I don't really want to have to do another two years of A levels, I'm 19 in october. Although I do really want to go to university, I want to study Criminology with Law.
    I've been looking online for E-courses that will help me get enough ucas points to get in to university next year but I have no idea what ones are the best to do and if universities accept them, does anyone know what I should do?
    I have about 60 ucas points, pitiful I know, and most courses I'm looking at are around 300!!
    Hmm, tough situation - I empathise! Do you know what sort of unis you are looking at? When they ask for 300 UCAS points, they tend to be from 3 Alevels, for example. It's not a case of trying to get as many points as you can from as many sources as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangey)
    Hmm, tough situation - I empathise! Do you know what sort of unis you are looking at? When they ask for 300 UCAS points, they tend to be from 3 Alevels, for example. It's not a case of trying to get as many points as you can from as many sources as possible.
    At this point I'm just looking at whatever ones that would take me lol!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.