The Student Room Group

...AQAs business marking

Numerous A grade students are actually getting U's on BUSS4, are they even marking the papers correctly?

Spoiler

Reply 1
So glad I found someone with a similar issue. My grades for business: BUSS1 - A, BUSS2 - high B (2 UMS from an A), BUSS3 - A and BUSS4 - D! Only needed a high C (68UMS) to get an A but got 55, which equates to 38 raw marks which means I averaged 10/40 on each essay :angry: as you can imagine I am annoyed and think it is a mistake so I have paid for a priority remark. Overall I got BBB when i needed ABB for my firm, I was expecting the A in business too!
Reply 2
I definitely think the marks were weird for the last exam, I got a C which was 66ums in BUSS4, where I've been getting high A's in all the last three exams!
Reply 3
We're both in a similar situation then! Did you get your firm? What are you studying?
Reply 4
Not trying to brag although I got some pretty suprising results for BUSS3 & BUSS4 too.

Originally I got a D in BUSS3 and with the resit I got a high A. I did no further learning or revision and I honestly expected to fail.. weird!

The only thing I can think of is that the knowledge from BUSS4 + better application skills got me the marks.

Overall I was 6 UMS marks away from an A overall which really annoyed me, I am going to be resitting BUSS2 next year in order to try get an A overall.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
got a U on BUSS2.I don't believe it.I did AS Business at high school,had no lessons for it whatsoever,and didn't revise and I got an E.That was in high school.This year I had lessons,i put effort into it and I actually revised quite a bit.Cannot believe it.Although I'm dropping it,should I get a remark ?
Reply 6
Original post by Chipwedge
Not trying to brag although I got some pretty suprising results for BUSS3 & BUSS4 too.

Originally I got a D in BUSS3 and with the resit I got a high A. I did no further learning or revision and I honestly expected to fail.. weird!

The only thing I can think of is that the knowledge from BUSS4 + better application skills got me the marks.

Overall I was 6 UMS marks away from an A overall which really annoyed me, I am going to be resitting BUSS2 next year in order to try get an A overall.

I got a U in BUSS3 in January and yesterday I got 85% which is strange...

On BUSS4 I smashed Section A and barely answered section B and got 70%...IDK what's happening
Reply 7
Original post by J_W-x
I got a U in BUSS3 in January and yesterday I got 85% which is strange...

On BUSS4 I smashed Section A and barely answered section B and got 70%...IDK what's happening

Same, on BUSS4 I thought I was clutching the straws (I had almost minimal external business knowledge) yet I still got an A. either AQA marked this weird or I got very lucky!
Reply 8
Same problem here. :'(

I got a high B in unit 1, an A in unit 2, got 100 ums in unit 3 (which was a complete shock considering I thought I would fail it) and got a D in unit 4!!!! :s-smilie: I was counting on my unit 4 and put a lot of effort for it and I do remember that even though I had some time trouble, I did it well. (Around 80 ums) :/ Or at least I thought so.
Reply 9
I got an E in buss 2. My knowledge and skills are most certainly not E level!!
I got 100 ums in buss4, I thought the paper was the easiest thing I've ever saw. How come loads of people are getting Us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was predicted an A* which I was on track to get, then got 50 UMS in buss4 which is one ums off an E.. Thought the exam had gone SO well and even messaged my teacher afterwards telling her what I'd written and she thought I'd nailed it. I DONT UNDERSTAND :frown: getting it remarked asap fingers crossed!
Reply 12
Considering in my mock, I got a B and used similar application, just applied it differently to the new questions, packed in so much application then analysed it and put in at least 2 evaluation points in each paragraph, I should have achieved the same grade, if not higher. I only needed a C to get a B overall and came out with a D, 3 marks off. I still miraculously got into university, but I cannot stand the fact that I worked so hard just to be low-balled.
Reply 13
Original post by leannamason
I was predicted an A* which I was on track to get, then got 50 UMS in buss4 which is one ums off an E.. Thought the exam had gone SO well and even messaged my teacher afterwards telling her what I'd written and she thought I'd nailed it. I DONT UNDERSTAND :frown: getting it remarked asap fingers crossed!

Similar situation to me. Only needed 68UMS to get A overall but only managed 55, I think its wrong so have also arranged for a remark. Missed my firm choice because of it. Any idea how long your teacher said it would take? Been reading on student room and it can take 18-20 days apparently :angry:
Original post by rav07
Similar situation to me. Only needed 68UMS to get A overall but only managed 55, I think its wrong so have also arranged for a remark. Missed my firm choice because of it. Any idea how long your teacher said it would take? Been reading on student room and it can take 18-20 days apparently :angry:

Yeah i got an a* in my mock and all the practise essays so im sending off for a remark through AQA directly tomorrow as its cheaper (im into uni fine but really unhappy about it anyway) the priority remarks should be alotttt quicker than that as they know uni places depend on it, i'd say a few days, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending