Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Disappointed with results and my boyfriend has gone out drinking? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, my boyfriend is quite a bit older than me and was my ex-tutor. I got my results and received A*AC..the C is the one I'm really sad about as it was my favorite course and what I wanted to study.

So anyway, my boyfriend went into work today and left at around half 12 to go out drinking with all the rest of the teachers..he rang me about an hour ago saying 'He's drunk, won't be cooking dinner, and is going back to the pub'..he knows I'm disappointed and sort of wanted his company (we live together) - is he being unfair or am I?

I just feel as though because he's already been out for 4 hours having fun and getting drunk (which is more than me today) I thought he might then..well come back to see me, rather than getting more drunk.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modern_man)
    marry him
    Please, I know it sounds stupid but I'd really appreciate serious responses. I'm really sad at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Although probably mainly lads will disagree with you (saying a man can do whatever he likes or whatever), I think that you're completely in the right about wanting some comfort today if you're upset.

Not only has he already been out for a while, but he can presumably go drinking on any other day, am I right?
    Today is your results day and he should be there for you, whether you needed comforting or someone to celebrate with.

Even worse that he's not going to be cooking dinner, or presumably eating a meal with you? Sorry, a lot of presumptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogers)
    Although probably mainly lads will disagree with you (saying a man can do whatever he likes or whatever), I think that you're completely in the right about wanting some comfort today if you're upset.

Not only has he already been out for a while, but he can presumably go drinking on any other day, am I right?
    Today is your results day and he should be there for you, whether you needed comforting or someone to celebrate with.

Even worse that he's not going to be cooking dinner, or presumably eating a meal with you? Sorry, a lot of presumptions.
    I bought stuff for dinner as well. And yeah you're right, no idea when he'll be back and I'm on my own and pretty down. What should I do, do you think?

Thanks though, it's good to know I'm not being entirely unreasonable which is the card he'll no doubt play when he comes in.

ReputationRep:
    Bros before hoes.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree with the "bros before hoes" attitude - I'd much rather be with my boyfriend than with friends - but there's not really anything you can do. Perhaps you could go out with your own friends?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaffy)
    I bought stuff for dinner as well. And yeah you're right, no idea when he'll be back and I'm on my own and pretty down. What should I do, do you think?

Thanks though, it's good to know I'm not being entirely unreasonable which is the card he'll no doubt play when he comes in.
    Text him something that will really pull at his heart strings. Tell him how you feel, exaggerate it a bit maybe? Things like
    'This is the one day that I wanted your company. I'm feeling really down and you'd rather spend time with your friends than with your girlfriend. All I'm asking is a few hours, considering your friends have had you for 5.'

etc

ReputationRep:
    He is drunk, There won't be any good decisions made by him today or tonight.

When I failed my AS levels a couple of years ago, I felt like a failure. But in the grand scheme of things it didnt have any effect on my life.

at least you can still resit.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who sees the more worrying issue, you living/dating with a former teacher whilst still at school? I was reading the OP and I didn't even remember the original question because I was more mortified by this.

ReputationRep:
    I recall reading another thread of yours, where you and your ex-tutor were in a secret relationship and that he treated you like dirt. Seems odd that you live with him despite only being in college and the fact that he is a teacher at your school. That's pretty ****ed up. Also, if he's that much older than you, A levels aren't a big deal to him anymore and he probably doesn't see how important it is to you. I don't see how it's his fault that he's gone out with the other teachers (that's what teachers do this time of year) and won't be spending the day trying to cheer you up. You need to talk to someone at your stage in life about this problem; your getting a C isn't the end of the world, and it certainly isn't the end of the world to a teacher, who sees people fail every year.

ReputationRep:
    No, he's being unfair. It's right that it's your day, and I'm sorry to say it's a blot on his copybook if he's ignored how important it is to you. Certainly I'd have some words with him when the time is right. Regardless of the fact that you're in a relationship with this teacher, it's an appalling advertisement for the teaching profession that when he knows someone is disappointed, he doesn't at least excuse himself, acknowledging that it's difficult for you. Instead he does nothing, says nothing.

I just wonder though how things will proceed once you begin university. I'm sorry though that you are disappointed. That must be a blow for you. I hope though that you get some time to think things through, hopefully with your boyfriend's sympathy.

ReputationRep:
    The rich have more economic power than the poor. They can influence alot more things economically so they should be taxed higher than the poor to disable them from being able to shift things to far their way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmad95)
    The rich have more economic power than the poor. They can influence alot more things economically so they should be taxed higher than the poor to disable them from being able to shift things to far their way.
    Why bump up a thread that's seven moths old?

Also: what the fuk?! :lolwut:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.