Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello!

i got AABB which was lowing than i was expecting!
    I want to study PPE at university and was wondering if i'll get accepted anywhere with these AS grades.

(I achieved 8.5 a*'s, a and b at gcse. also doing an epq on philosophy)

Thank you!

Any help would be much appreicated xoxoxo
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    You will obviously get accepted to some universities with AABB, those are still good grades. You also have good GCSE results which may help. You can definately improve your grades next year.

It would help to know which subjects you are taking. Are you planning to drop one for A2? Are you planning to retake any modules? Are your predictions likely to be AAA or lower? Where specifically are you thinking of applying, and what is the standard offer for the course?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I did English (B), History (B), Welsh (A) and Maths (A). Going to drop history and resit English, feeling extremely disappointed in myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KANTtouchthis123)
    hello!

i got AABB which was lowing than i was expecting!
    I want to study PPE at university and was wondering if i'll get accepted anywhere with these AS grades.

(I achieved 8.5 a*'s, a and b at gcse. also doing an epq on philosophy)

Thank you!

Any help would be much appreicated xoxoxo
    after A2, i realise its predictions which help, as long as they are realistic. You can easily be predicted AAA, maybe even A*AA depending on your UMS. Get your predicted grade from teachers as soon as school restarts. If it is under what you need you can either reason with the teacher, or work very hard in class to prove to them you can achieve the grades.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be disappointed those are some good AS level grades now if you still feel disappointed don't look as if it's a wall in your learning use it to motivate you and make you revise more and pay more attention in class. The main problem I see is that people who got good GCSE grades instantly think they're going to ace their A levels when that's hardly the case.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.