Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does Exeter University Cornwall Campus have any links to UOTC Exeter.

My son has been accepted to study History at the Cornwall campus, after much celebration and relief he has just come to me and belives he has made a fundamental mistake, he had inturpreted the UOTC (Univervisity Officers Training Corp) was linked to the Cornwall campus but belives it is only linked to the Exeter Campus. As all the training is linked to Exeter and the University of Falmouth area

Is there anyone out there who may know, whether the UOTC has any links in the Cornwall area.

With thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ67)
    Does Exeter University Cornwall Campus have any links to UOTC Exeter.

My son has been accepted to study History at the Cornwall campus, after much celebration and relief he has just come to me and belives he has made a fundamental mistake, he had inturpreted the UOTC (Univervisity Officers Training Corp) was linked to the Cornwall campus but belives it is only linked to the Exeter Campus. As all the training is linked to Exeter and the University of Falmouth area

Is there anyone out there who may know, whether the UOTC has any links in the Cornwall area.

With thanks
    I'm sorry, I don't know the exact geography of the Cornwall Campus re Exeter and Falmouth. However, no campuses are explicitly excluded from participation if there is a student there prepared to do the travelling. Your son needs to contact the OTC HQ and ask where parade nights occur and if they have any students who travel from the Cornwall Campus.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, From Cornwall campus to Exeter it is 3 hour train journey or a 1 hour 45 car journey, and parade nights are Wednesdays so will not be practical.I have been on the Army website although it says exeter & plymouth it does say it has linkswith "other higher education establishments in the South West".

Will call the Army tomorrow, just need to keep mysone calm until then !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ67)
    ... all the training is linked to Exeter and the University of Falmouth area
    Well, Exeter's Cornwall Campus shares some facilities with Falmouth (the accommodation, certainly) - they're in practically the same place...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.