Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got my results back today I was generally pretty unhappy with them. Whilst discussing our physics (AQA A.S) grades with friends, it seemed that every single one of us had really only done badly on Unit 3 (the EMPA). I got As on Unit 1 and 2 but an E on the EMPA! One thing that concerns us is the fact that, during the written assessment, we were not given the instructions sheets we used in the actual practicals. In chemistry, we were given this, which is why I was surprised. A few questions in the physics EMPA involved explaining our choices in certain parts of the practical and none if us could remember any of these choices as we had done the practical months before the written paper and so dropped countless marks purely due to this! So, it seems very odd that we were not given the instructions sheets. Could someone please tell me if we are right in thinking that we should have been given it? Thanks very much!

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in uni but from my memory of doing EMPAs I don't think I ever got given a sheet although we normally took the exam the lesson after the practical. It seems a bit odd they waited so long. I also find that if you look at the grade boundaries these types of practical exam always have a very small gap between them in terms of raw mark. This can even be as bad as 8 marks between an A and a D.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.