Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I got better than expected today. I had applied to Manchester for their BA Geography and the offer was for AAB and then I got AAA* today. I've been thinking of going through adjustment and maybe go to Nottingham or Lancaster uni for the same degree. Wanted to know if anyone thinks that these universities are better than Manchester in terms of teaching, campus, social life. I'm finding it hard to make a decision

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm in no position to give you good advice about the universities you wrote about in your post, you certainly deserve a congratulation for achieving A*AA, an outstanding set of grades. Well done, and best of luck with adjustment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by empire1410)
    Hello. I got better than expected today. I had applied to Manchester for their BA Geography and the offer was for AAB and then I got AAA* today. I've been thinking of going through adjustment and maybe go to Nottingham or Lancaster uni for the same degree. Wanted to know if anyone thinks that these universities are better than Manchester in terms of teaching, campus, social life. I'm finding it hard to make a decision
    The first question is will they give you an offer? If you ponder and decide that you would prefer Nottingham and Lancaster then it's a moot point. You might as well register for adjustment, talk to the universities about whether they could offer you a place, and if they can think about what your gut is telling you at that point. Make sure to look at how it will affect things like accommodation. It's also worth noting that both Nottingham and Lancaster are campus universities, whereas Manchester is much more of a city university. Which would you prefer? All have a good reputation, so in terms of reputation it doesn't matter. It's more a case of which you feel would suit you better. A lot of this comes down to gut feel to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Well done on your grades! I think out of the three universities you have listed, Nottingham is the strongest. Certainly, their Geography department is excellent. Do you know if they actually have any adjustment spaces available for Geography? I wouldn't be surprised if not as it's a very popular course filled with some excellent applicants. However, given your excellent grades, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to have you. It just comes down to whether or not they have spaces on the course.

Best of luck, and keep us updated! It's always nice to see a success story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    The first question is will they give you an offer? If you ponder and decide that you would prefer Nottingham and Lancaster then it's a moot point. You might as well register for adjustment, talk to the universities about whether they could offer you a place, and if they can think about what your gut is telling you at that point. Make sure to look at how it will affect things like accommodation. It's also worth noting that both Nottingham and Lancaster are campus universities, whereas Manchester is much more of a city university. Which would you prefer? All have a good reputation, so in terms of reputation it doesn't matter. It's more a case of which you feel would suit you better. A lot of this comes down to gut feel to be honest.
    I registered for adjustment and had a chat with Nottingham which I am seriously considering. Their lines to talk about adjustment have closed for the weekend so I have to wait until Monday to see whether they still have places. Before my results came out I was regretting not going to a proper campus based university so I think Nottingham might be well suited to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverguitar)
    Hey,

Well done on your grades! I think out of the three universities you have listed, Nottingham is the strongest. Certainly, their Geography department is excellent. Do you know if they actually have any adjustment spaces available for Geography? I wouldn't be surprised if not as it's a very popular course filled with some excellent applicants. However, given your excellent grades, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to have you. It just comes down to whether or not they have spaces on the course.

Best of luck, and keep us updated! It's always nice to see a success story.
    I had talked to Nottingham before the weekend and they still had places but come Monday I don't know whether they would still have them. I do like Nottingham as a university in terms of the campus and the reputation but I am unsure about whether the modules are as interesting as the Manchester one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.