The Student Room Group

AS English Literature results 2013

I'm wondering if anyone can help me!
I took the AS English literature exam in May (AQA, LITB1). I've always loved English and it's always been my strongest subject. In practice papers, homework essays, mock exams etc I've always achieved A grades. I didn't feel like the exam went too great but my teacher reassured me that I'd still be okay as you only need 47/84 for an A grade.
I opened my results this morning and found that I had only achieved a C in the exam (79/120). I scored 80/80 in my coursework so that's pulled my grade up to a B but I have to say, I'm still pretty gutted.
I also study Dance, Religious Studies and Psychology, all of which I got an A for.
I was hoping to apply for top universities to study English but I feel like my chances have been hindered. Has anyone else got a much lower grade than they expected? A lot of people in my class are in the same position; I don't know whether we all had a tough examiner or if we all have crap teachers??!?! I've read a few posts on here and apparently AQA are notorious for this. I just need some reassurance!
the marking of the exam is so subjective depending on the type of examiner you got,you should get it remarked if you are really unhappy about your grade.

Quick Reply

Latest