Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've got such a low alcohol tolerance level, it's so unreal. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got home and decided to crack open a bottle of tequila beer and already I feel woozy and fuzzy

Is it normal to get so drunk quickly?

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal? Oops, forgot to add it to OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Have you drunk alcohol before?
    All the time. I've been drinking for over 5 years. I've had many heavy nights in my lifetime. Especially first year of uni. I don't know why I'm still a light weight, it baffles me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Slim and proud)
    All the time. I've been drinking for over 5 years. I've had many heavy nights in my lifetime. Especially first year of uni. I don't know why I'm still a light weight, it baffles me.
    Your username might have something to do with it...

ReputationRep:
    Are you on any medication or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Are you on any medication or anything?
    No I'm not. Is it possible that my liver isn't functioning well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Your username might have something to do with it...
    Really? In what way?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Really? In what way?
    "slim", less bloody in your body, higher alcohol content per ml of blood than other people for the same amount of alcohol ingested. I figure that the first ~40kg of someone's weight does very little for their alcohol tolerance, and everything after that increases your tolerance. It's just a conjecture though - I'm no doctor.

ReputationRep:
    It completely depends on what you've had to eat that day, how tired you are etc. Some days I can drink 3 pints and not feel a thing, others I barely get through a bottle of beer before I feel tipsy. If you're concerned then go to see your Doctor. Honestly though, after 5 years of drinking I think that you'll be fine. Lots of people spend their whole lives getting smashed every other day and they're fine for (comparatively) a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    If you're on the pill? that will get you more drunk.

What's your ethnicity? - Because of history and technology (purification of water), Europeans and Africans have a higher tolerance to alcohol than say, East Asians. - I'm not racist, the study of these phenomina is called pharmacogenetics.

body weight and body fat content will affect it.

Before you go out drinking, have some complex carbohydrates and healthy oils.

ReputationRep:
    It does mean it's a cheaper night out for you when you do go out

ReputationRep:
    Are you asian by any chance? I cannot tolerate alcohol either, same with my brother and mother.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.