This discussion is closed.
andyreid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3565665.stm

is this good for the uni of nottingham????

discuss
Odysseus
Report 16 years ago
Why are the doing this ? They already have an external campus in Malaysia
andyreid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Odysseus)
Why are the doing this ? They already have an external campus in Malaysia

dunno to be honest,hence the discuss
Ladyluck
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by andyreid)
dunno to be honest,hence the discuss
they seem to have a policy of accepting loads of overseas students on lower grades anyway at the original Nottingham, i suppose it makes sense.

But it wont be fair if they are investing british students fees on their china campus
wizard
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Here in Athens, the University of Hertfordshire and a local higher education studies centre have opened a new campus. The degrees are awarded by Hertfordshire and the courses are taught in Greek.

Back to the original topic, it's not that bad, since the overseas people would have to spend well less money for their education.

However the experience would be totally different.

What I really hate, is that education has become business.
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago

discuss
promoting its overseas profile seems to be the general aim, what with china being the fastest growing market for higher education it does make business sense really..
kosine90
Report 16 years ago
i think it's good. china is growing really quickly, and having a campus there will be good for notts' international reputation. plus, attendance will be good, they'll earn, and it says in the article that it's not costing its uk students... as wizard and rah pointed out, there is a business factor there. but why not? there wont be good education without sufficient money to fund it
andyreid
Rep:
?
(Original post by kosine90)
i think it's good. china is growing really quickly, and having a campus there will be good for notts' international reputation. plus, attendance will be good, they'll earn, and it says in the article that it's not costing its uk students... as wizard and rah pointed out, there is a business factor there. but why not? there wont be good education without sufficient money to fund it

it doesnt affect us as we are already at the uni,but at the end of the day, when a uni takes a non overseas money they see that as losing money,i feel that nottingham wants to become like the london unis and have exaceptionally high overseas student populations

nottingham already has a very high overseas population,higher than most, i think its trying to go down the road of the londons unis to get more money

cant really blame them
sisyphus
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

discuss
Any idea what the crime's like in Ningbo Andy?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (91)
52.6%
No, they should still go ahead (34)
19.65%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (48)
27.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise