Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I took a year out as I wanted to gain work experience. During this year, I changed what I wanted to do in the future.
    I wanted to complete a course with the distance learning centre rather than going back to complete my a-levels.
    Has anybody currently doing a course with them or has previously completed one?

Many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I started one a couple of years ago, for me it was a nightmare - I couldn't get on with it at all wasn't impressed with my tutors my first left (he kept losing my work) and the second wasn't all that - might as well have just thrown my money away. I went to a local college this year and did a full time access sooooo much better with interaction and support; some of the students worked full time too (I only worked part time). Got brilliant grades, higher than I needed start Primary Ed course this Sept.

Although I guess it depends what you want to do? The people on my access were working towards uni places doing social work, teaching, sports, nursing, environmental science, biology, criminology, English, politics, economics, accounts/business.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm looking at doing an A Level in a year and just wondered if either of you had any more information about which online distance learning providers are good in term of good tutors and support based on research/ experience. Ideally a night class, part time course would be better i think because of the interaction but I am working full time until February and would like to continue working full time until next Sept.

I have a had a look round and looked at reviews - Oxford College and UK Open College are top-rated on one website?

I take it that you wouldn't recommend the distance learning centre? Did you look at any others before this provider? Heard anything about other providers?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

btw what course are you thinking of doing tom odell?

Eleanor

ReputationRep:
    I know quite a few people who used them and they recommend them, got them to uni. I was thinking of using them but im not sure i can cope with distance learning so havent decided yet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.