Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know this sounds absolutely dreadful when theres lots of people still agonizing over where they'll be this september, but I feel a little underwhelmed really. I was initially really worried over if I'd get into my firm or not, and I got the grades I suspected I'll get in the end, getting into my firm. Maybe it will sink in nearer freshers week, but today doesn't feel in anyway special, in exactly the same way that GCSE results day didn't.

Anyone else feeling similar?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I can relate a little bit as I knew full well I was going to get my firm, so today hasn't really come any sort of surprise.

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same as well and so do some of my friends! I think it was because I felt fairly confident about my exams plus the fact that I am just a naturally laid back person. But I'm sure as the time to start uni comes closer, the nerves/excitement will definitely kick in!

ReputationRep:
    yes, i feel the same. I expected to do well and i did so nothing is really new, just that my place at uni is confirmed. My mums happier about my grades than what i am!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I felt a bit like this when I got my A level results (4 years ago- I'm so old). I don't mean to worry you, but I think it was part of a symptom of the fact I just wasn't that passionate about the course I'd chosen. I ended up dropping out of that course, and reapplying to do something completely different that I am very passionate about, but my teachers talked me out of first time around. Hopefully you'll start feeling more excited closer to the time, but if not, don't worry. You'll eventually find the thing that makes you really passionate and excited, and once you do, you can persue it.

ReputationRep:
    I just received my AS results (4 As) and I don't feel anything either. If anything it is a sense of relief because I do not need to wonder what I got anymore. It was the same when I received my GCSE results. Maybe because they're just letters on a piece of paper. Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I feel pretty awful actually despite getting in. I was over the moon on GCSE results day though, I couldn't stop smiling! Today I haven't smiled once :/

ReputationRep:
    I just don't understand. Its not because I knew I'd do well: I reckoned there was a significant chance of me not getting into my firm choice. I just, don't really feel thrilled enough to jump up and down like those bun smugglers on tv, or even crack out a smile. Today, just feels far too normal.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree. I was elated this morning when I found out I got into my firm despite missing the offer. I was so happy. When I got home, I just felt this huge wave of boredom lol. It was like everything was back to normal

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same. I was so worried I would miss the grades (felt physically sick all day yesterday) but I got them and just feel...normal now. I guess it's because it's so far away - I have 6 weeks at home left so I'll be waiting a long time! Though I am going shopping for uni stuff tomorrow so I guess that'll help it sink in more.

ReputationRep:
    I agree strongly with many of you on this thread.

I have obsessed over Durham, my firm choice for ages. I was fairly sure I missed my offer, and finally as today came, I was very surprised to find that I got in. I did indeed miss my offer, AAA instead of A*AA.

You'd think I'd be jumping up and down for joy and be really happy, but for some reason I'm not massively bothered. Maybe it's because I don't feel like I deserve to get in, and that I missed the A* by 3 UMS, not that it matters. I think I will feel more positive about it tomorrow.

After thinking about universities for so long, it feels so weird to be a confirmed student. The process is finally over. I feel a tad nervous about it all now... it has finally become reality.

I think my mindset towards it will improve though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's been more of a relief, rather than a wave of excitement.

ReputationRep:
    its more of a lack of feeling ****.

ReputationRep:
    this morning I was ecstatic, I was crying and screaming.

But when I got home I was just tired, so I went to bed for 3 hours - I think it's the relief of knowing it's finally over more than anything tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Standard. I vividly remember having this feeling straight after finishing my last A2 exam. I felt underwhelmed, but rather had an overwhelming desire to revise for my 'next exam' which obviously didn't exist. And worried for eons about that particular exam too. Ended up getting full marks.

On results day I was thrilled though. I was touch and go for a couple of things and to know I had secured a place at the uni I really wanted to go to was amazing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.